IQ test results

My mental health center gave me some IQ tests (WAIS-IV) and they said that I had an high IQ but a big deficit in processing speed.
Is it common? What were your results?

3 Likes

I had a higher IQ, than most for my age and education. My verbal IQ is low which I agree

1 Like

Haha how lucky you are!!!
I would switch to an artificial heart for a high IQ!!!

1 Like

They said mine was 120 but I donā€™t believe him when he says it was that high back then. He said I had cognitive deficits and it was clear I was sz but was good in some areas. I was just coming off an episode or 3 when I took the test. I believe Itā€™d be higher now than it was then but donā€™t believe it was 120. Think he was just trying to give me confidence.

Some of you can help me to obtain a good IQ test in spanish ? :slightly_frowning_face:

You gotta see a professional. I get like 145 on the internet tests. Theyā€™re not good! Iā€™m no genius like that!!!

1 Like

Let me be precise, I donā€™t seek high IQ in general but specifically chess and mathematical genius
and to be good with languages. Thatā€™s it I need nothing more.

1 Like

Sup my man Erez. .i love u babyā€¦keep it upā€¦

3 Likes

My oldest brother taught me to play chess when he was a senior in high school, and I was 10 years old.
Wasnā€™t to difficult, he thought he was letting me win, then called it beginners luck, the got angry and refused to play anymore.
He didnā€™t think it so funny, but his friends did, that here he was supposed to be the genius, and he was the President of the Chess club, and his little sister beat him every time.
Iā€™ve never played it since.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you take up chess again?
Itā€™s a wonderful game.
@Csummers

1 Like

It was very fun from what I remembered.
We never played any board games in our family while I was growing up, so I just never thought about it.

The problem is that I canā€™t use my brain because of slow processing speed, difficulty in maintaining attention and no motivation.
And my body wants that I turn inward.

If I didnā€™t have SZ I would be smarter. Itā€™s quite depressing. Just gotta wait for better meds.

Individuals with schizophrenia also have difficulty with what is referred to as ā€œprocessing speedā€ and are frequently slower than healthy individuals on almost all tasks. Importantly, these cognitive deficits are present prior to the onset of the illness (Fusar-Poli et al., 2007) and are also present, albeit in a milder form, in the first-degree relatives of people with schizophrenia (Snitz, Macdonald, & Carter, 2006).

I am not diagnosed with schizophrenia but my brain/processing speed is slow. According to BrainHQ.

My Brain Speed Progress
9th
percentile in Brain Speed
+7
improvement from your baseline

1 Like

The Meds slow down my thinking considerably.
But I still have a higher than normal IQ.

Ye, I have read about that and I was wondering if it was common here, I have also heard that this slowing down is a common prodromal symptom.

On a side note:

these cognitive deficits are present prior to the onset of the illness (Fusar-Poli et al., 2007)

I prefer the european/german position on schizophrenia: prior to the onset of the illness the patient was not ā€˜healthyā€™ the illness was always there, developing and subtly manifesting.

2 Likes

If youā€™re taking meds the tranquilizing effect if these antipsychotics may cause the lack of speed.

Iā€™m so dumb that I donā€™t know how to spell ā€œI.Qā€.

1 Like

I had the first part of WAIS, but not the second part and the outcome yet. I expect something similar. I think I did well on most tests, except for the ones needing working memory and processing speed, those were horrible for me.

1 Like

Had my IQ tested it was 130. My IQ tests said my memory skills were off the charts.Iā€™m good at math and science but lack in reading and verbal skills.

When I went through the social security disability process the judge tried using my IQ against me. She said I was intelligent and taking advantage of the system. I told her I was crazy not stupid. She had a hard time differentiating between the two.

2 Likes