What celebrity have you met

I haven’t met them, but I was in the same room with the guys from Sigur Rós. Does that count? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, in 1937 she was trying to be the first woman to fly solo around the world but her plane went down somewhere in the Pacific and nobody was sure what happened to her. It is actually one of the biggest mysteries in history and there are many theories about what happened to her and if she survived and where her remains are. It is still debated today by many scholars and every several years someone will claim they figured out what happened to her. Some people claim she survived the crash and made it to an island but so far no one has figured out without a shadow of a doubt what really happened to her.

2 Likes

That’s very interesting Nick. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I asked Robert Patterson to sign my fish n chips box

2 Likes

When I was in the Marines I was staying in the base temporary quarters and I rode on the elevator with a very attractive and tiny blonde woman dressed in leather. She was quite nice but I had no idea who she was. I later learned it was Jewel the singer. She was playing a concert that night on the base. I didn’t go to the concert though.

One of my first cousins played on the LSU football team when they won a National Championship . He then went on to play 7 years in the NFL. He is a down to earth average guy with a family. He could have gone to medical school if he wanted to but he now works in the family business and works with young athletes in the community.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention Mila jonovich walked by when I was downtown at the mall. A radio station had offices there and she was trying to promote her music at the time. She is a model and actress.

2 Likes

I have to add that we had as guests the Australian under 23’s cricket team at our cricket club. They needed a good cricket pitch for a practice and I met a lot of ex cricketers of some fame.

For those who know cricket. I met Peter Handscomb, Greg Chappell, Craig McDermot and a few others. Very cool day. Ashton Agar put a ball over the cricket club itself. Biggest hit I’ve ever seen…hit a gum tree half way up and it was still going up!

1 Like

Jovovich is her last name

1 Like

Are they Australian ?

2 Likes

yes 151515151515

Yeah famous in the cricketing world. All very cool and it was nice meeting them!

3 Likes

I’ve only met the mighty Lord @far_cry0 baba…

2 Likes

Yes. Santa Claus. That sonuvabitch wrecked my fireplace. Destroyed the tree. Turned out he was drunk because of Larry.

4 Likes

Asshats for everyone

2 Likes

My nickname in kindergarten was 77normalnick77.

2 Likes

i saw whoopi goldberg with my own two eyes and mike Tyson and chevy chase and the actor who played the Q part on star trek tng… and some others… i like star trek but i had never been to a trekkie convention

1 Like

Barbie Benton. I can’t remember anything I did yesterday or what I had for breakfast this morning or the name of the high school I attended for four years but I remember Barble Benton well.

2 Likes

I haven’t met even one, but my sister has met a few, harrison ford, patrick stewart, steve tyler. And maybe others.

2 Likes

Kris Kristofferson

Him and Bobby Mcgee.

1 Like

Also, my sis met Tom Brady of course, she lived next to his boston apartment for a year or two and managed to get his autograph for me. Not that I’m much of one for autographs, but the story that came with it was pretty priceless. He was in a bathrobe, taking his wife’s little dog for a walk.

2 Likes

My sister and my late ex-brother-in-law were on a plane and Steven Tyler happen to be on it too. My ex brother-in-law had a great picture of him and Steven Tyler together.

2 Likes