What can you do at the age of 30

Can you still achieve something?

7 Likes

Of course you can. 30 is not that old.

10 Likes

I’ve heard about people that go back to University and finish their degree when they are senior citizens, like 70 and 80 years old.

You can do anything you want at any age (Provided your health allows for it).

6 Likes

Let me see… I can hurt my back by sleeping wrong or sneezing too hard.
I can have hangovers for several days after a night out.
I can consume insane amounts of caffeine and still be tired.

I can speak “young” and still fit in with the real adults.

1 Like

Turning 30 was no big event to me. I just continued in the same frame of mind.

2 Likes

Lots of things. Let me ask you. What do you want to do?

Sometimes we never achieve our dreams but short term, reasonably attainable goals can add meaning to our lives in some very powerful ways.

Try not to stress yourself out. After all eventually we’ll all be food for worms so enjoy yourself while you can.

-S

2 Likes

Sure, I got clean and sober in my thirties, got a couple jobs and started going to school. Started walking or catching the bus to 5 or 6 AA meetings a week. Also made a friend who I hung out with for 7 years and did a ton of social stuff. All in my thirties.

1 Like

I got on meds at 29 so my thirties were living. I got married, moved overseas and did some amazing stuff. Your still young and the future is bright at that age these days with people living a lot older.

2 Likes

At age 33, I’m starting to enjoy my sanity. I think there’s lots of things you can accomplish at 30. I mean, unless you wanted to be a professional athlete, there’s still plenty of things that you still have time to do.

1 Like

I’m 31 about to turn 32, but ya, I feel like my life will be short (perhaps, 40-60 tops) if I survive or live a normal life, but ya, I’m a heavy smoker, drink 10 monsters a day, and am fat and sedentary. I don’t use my brain anymore and I have feelings of dementia since I got schizophrenia. That’s how my brain is and how I feel and am. But, I think I can achieve some things and be happy. Maybe get that online college degree in STEM and make some money doing something part time.

1 Like

I started popping out babies when I turned thirty.

2 Likes

My therapist who was 80 was a teacher most of her life and then went back to school when she was 60 for social work and became a therapist! She’s a darn good one too! She inspires me to think, it’s never too late!

2 Likes

30 is young, a life is ahead of you. You can travel and do many other good things.

Everything is still open to you at30. Travel, work, marriage, children. Whatever you want.

1 Like

Except if you have sz negative symptoms…

1 Like

Aziz don’t lose hope. I had awful negatives. Was in bed for 23 hours a day. Now better.

2 Likes

You can do literally anything you want to at age 30. The sky’s the limit.

2 Likes

I’m 37. Feel pas my sell by date. Getting old to have a family.

Are you 30 Aziz?

1 Like

30s is probably the best time.
The prime time of your life, as the song says.