What are you reading now?

I’m currently reading Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick.

Next is the Grifters by Jim Thompson.

Any of you reading anything good? Recommendations?

A long strange trip. Biography of the grateful dead by Dennis McNally

Cool! That sounds interesting :slight_smile: I want to read Last Train To Memphis, it’s about Elvis. I’m not like a huge Elvis fan, but I love rock biographies. Ever read Cash? by Johnny Cash.

Divided Soul, about Marvin Gaye, is my favorite book.

I’m reading an Anatomy Atlas. :weary:

Hahaha :slight_smile: For school?

1 Like

Yes, have to learn all the bones of the human body. They’re 206

Yowsa! Study hard :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Minnii what are you majoring in?

Tradicional Chinese Medicine

Cool! You must have two brains :wink:

I can’t seem to stick with one book, but mainly I’m reading Centering Prayer and Inner Awakening by Cynthia Bourgeault. Also The Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton.

I wish. Just this sz one. But things are looking up, I’m having fun studying.

Anatomy is just the worst, I still have memory issues.

Awesome. What are those books about?

I love studying. It helps center me. I want to finish my bachelor’s in philosophy.

1 Like

“Centering Prayer” describes a very pure prayer method, similar to Zen meditation.

Seven Story Mountain is Thomas Merton’s famous autobiography. I mainly started reading it because it would ideally inspire me to go out and live my life like he did so well.

Yeah, I’m loving it… Its good to occupy the mind with something we love.

1 Like

Self improvement is great. Good on you Bluey :slight_smile: I’ll have to check out Centering Prayer.

1 Like

I’ve bought a lot of books impulsively fortunately I bought cheap lots so didn’t spend much money but I think I’ve finally found my niche with music biographys

Yeah I usually get all my books at half price books or thrift stores. I go to this Catholic thrifstore down the corner from me, their hardbacks are only a dollar, and paperbacks 50 cents. So if the book stinks its no bid deal. I think music biographies are my fave too, since I sing and play guitar. I also make beats too.