What are you meant to do?

I tried construction work and was terrible at it. Tried technician work and was bad at it. Worked with money and was called trash. I would probably have a job that requires a lot energy to do manual labor because that’s pretty much what I was meant to do. I’d be amazing at digging ditches or something if I wasn’t so tired all the time. I never developed in school or am smart enough to work at an office. I really was meant to do something physical and I live a sedentary life now.

3 Likes

I know the feeling. Something that worked for me (this may not work for everyone) is to find a job you can do. It doesn’t have to be the best job in the world, and yeah maybe it sucks a little, but no job is perfect. If you find a job that is doable, just stick with it as long as you can until you find another opportunity that you feel you are ready to take on. Also I find it’s a good chance to get to know people, and there are cool people out there in jobs, and of course not so cool people. I recommend sticking with it at least 1 year.

1 Like

There’s some pride you get from doing physical work.

I was mental for most of my life till diagnosed at 29. I worked a few jobs but I had a good work effort and some energy back then. It was great to learn to use hand tools and make a living with your physical skills. Years later I did order picking and learned to use just physicality to make my bread. I was good enough to work up to using forklifts and reach trucks.

Chin up. There is always something your good at if you try hard enough! I ended up doing retail in America in a chain bookstore and that was an amazing experience! I loved books years ago and it gave me a leg up in a retail environment. It really was such a great job…

Don’t sell yourself short till you try something different. You never know what will work for you!

2 Likes

Everyone can find their niche in life
I do admins and computer stuff even if it’s very basic a lot of people wouldn’t be happy doing admin but I enjoy it
Have you thought of gardening

2 Likes

I’ve never tried gardening @shellys12. Although I do take care of a bamboo plant now. All I do is put a drop of plant food in bamboo container everyday. Sounds fun though.

Maybe try something completely different and unexpected like art?

1 Like

I’ve never seen a worst artist than myself.

2 Likes

there are too many good artists anyway

1 Like

bad art is the new good art

1 Like

There’s no such thing as ugly when it comes to abstract art.

I was so bad at painting and drawing. However I just did abstract art and passed in school.

Teacher had nothing to say as I just claimed it was abstract and creative

2 Likes

A few months ago I was still a decent poet. My ap has pretty well knocked that ability away. I wonder if I’d do better at a lower dose? I take 6mg daily. I could ask to come down to 4.5mg. Seeing my pdoc on the 24th.

2 Likes

Travel 151515151515

2 Likes

Something with people. Childcare or caregiving in general.
I’d love to be an illustrator, but I’m not sure I’ve got what it takes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.