What are the health risks from being underweight?

are there any? vitamin deficiency maybe? im a little underweight, need to put on 10 pounds.

1 Like

i’ve lost lot of muscle this past year, my arms are a little cut but small. and my legs are much thinner. i bought more food at the grocery today, so i can hopefully put on some weight before my next weigh in. i lost too much, almost 30-35 pounds. but i still have a little belly so i figured i was still fine, when i weighed myself i was shocked at how much i lost.

firstly, is it not malnutrition?

expensive, but you may keep your weight without malnutrition.
1 Like

These risks include:

I have been luckily gaining weight in the past month, I don’t know why but NAC made me more hungry.
I also added a high calorie meal in the night before going to sleep.

1 Like

thanks for this info @zeno will start eating more, i’ve been eating a two small meals a day for the past 8 months so will up my calorie intake to get my weight up a little. mostly i was just waiting for winter to put on weight, but will do it now.

i’ve been eating cheese pizza and rice and beans. and sometimes mom will prepare me a meal. mostly i wasn’t trying to lose weight, but to save money on groceries.

1 Like

You’ll lose muscle as the body will feed on proteins when there is low carbs low fat.

2 Likes

I’ve always naturally been underweight but since I was on meds I picked up weight and my weight is now normal. I did suffer from anaemia once when I was not on meds, but iron pills and a lentil diet cured it. Plus the lentils helped me pick up healthy weight.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.