Were you popular in High School? - Poll

I started it in 8th grade after my grandmother had a stroke, they found breast cancer. Mom sold our house and we moved in with my grandparents. Mom and grandfather ran the company and I was in charge of my work and taking care of the grandmother.

I had my first break at 15, was a real nut case, if I had to handle the stress of public school, I wouldn’t of made it.

It was the right choice, so I wouldn’t take it back, it taught me the ability to teach myself.

1 Like

I hid in the library and in the toliet cubicles at break time.
Life was torture.

I just had such bad social anxiety.

It was I guess the ‘prodromal’ phase to psychosis.

1 Like

Yes, i had the greatest sense of humour

1 Like

i wasn’t popular no =(

1 Like

I was really only popular as a target for abuse. Horrible at sports and a geek who was autistic. That’s the trifecta of suck when you’re young and trying to socialize.

2 Likes

I was popular amongst the freaks and geeks cause I was one of them.

1 Like

I was totally unpopular and graduated high school shunned by my small group of friends. I was disliked so badly and virtually ignored by most but my female friends/frenemies still found something to be jealous of. Oh well!

1 Like

in my high school there was an army of geeks haha. they coined themselves “the loser turd mafia” haha, there were like 100 of them that were thick as thieves.

I had a few friends among the foreign international kids in my sophomore year. My best friend was Filipina. We had a LOT of fun together. Then, I moved to another state.

I walked alone in the hallways of my new high school, ate alone and had no friends.

I wasn’t very popular in high school but I wasn’t a target for bullies like I was in middle school.

I wasn’t that unpopular either if this makes sense.

I was more popular during my junior and senior years, as I was the lead singer of a rock band that got to play at a few popular house parties.

High school was not so bad.

Middle school was worse for me.

2 Likes

I ran with the international foreign students in junior high and sophomore year of high school because my best friend was Filipina. And we had a LOT of fun together. Then, my family moved to another state far away.

Here, I walked the high school corridors all alone and always ate lunch alone. I had zero friends. It was the same way in college.

I think some people thought of me as popular. It seemed that way. But I wasn’t that popular.

2 Likes

Some people thought that I was part of popular groups but the truth is I was not actually close to any of them although they seemed to be pretty close to one another.

High school was a torture time.

Lol.

1 Like

I was in some of the popular groups but they were pretty mean to me.

1 Like

Well that’s not great. Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

I didn’t know anyone in high school that didn’t have someone else that wasn’t talking at least some gossip about them. Everyone was a victim, of course some had it a lot worse than others.

Rude!
Don’t minimize my victimhood!

1 Like

I didn’t minimize it, but you forgot to include the rest of my sentence in your quote of me…

of course some had it a lot worse than others.

No, it was a joke. That is grumpy cat. He’s a meme. He’s always grumpy and negative.
He’s dead, actually.

1 Like

oh, ok, didn’t pick up on that.

1 Like