Were you one of the worst in mental hospital?

I always try to be on my best behavior. They have a hard enough job as is, they don’t need me to take out my problems on them

4 Likes

No dude, I became very sane the instant I walked into those places. It was a great way to keep me from acting up for awhile after I got out. I got punched twice, and once I was shoved against the wall by some guy who wore diapers with crap in them constantly.

There was the one time I acted crazy on purpose to scare other people, but that was jail, not the mental hospital, and it ended up being pointless as I was just sent to solitary for 5 months.

2 Likes

Man, the gaggle of neurotic women always controlled the remote in any ward I was in. Made everyone watch daytime stuff and Hallmark Channel type crap. No one messed with them because they would scream like mythological Greek sirens if you set them off.

3 Likes

My last two stays I made everyone watch the Food Network :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Honestly I related to the others having mental health issues and wanted to get out of the ward as soon as possible. I had been pacing a lot trying to escape the voices and out of nervousness. I don’t really know why I was pacing all day. Then I got to the ward and everyone else was doing that so we did that together. lol Only one person scared me because I was in the ER with him beforehand. He was detoxing from meth and trying to attack people. I didn’t realize I would be in there with people going through gnarly detox or trying to escape jail time. Oh well.

2 Likes

The next time I relapse you’re coming with me. Just so you know in advance.

1 Like

@shutterbug bahaha it’s a deal dude :rofl:

1 Like

When I was in the hospital that jail sent me to for my last month, this one guy controlled the remote and all he ever watched was Law and Order. I got so tired of that DUN DUN sound and all the cop banter it made my brain itch!

3 Likes

Ughhh I had that one time except it was COPS

2 Likes

Bad show, great song.

WATCHYA GONNA DOOOOO

1 Like

Hahaha oh god I’m getting flash backs :joy:

1 Like

I once saw a cop with a wooden leg chase down and successfully tackle a ripped 200 lb. muscleman on that show.

2 Likes

Ahaha what the ■■■■??? Was this in Florida? Sounds like a Florida Man incident

2 Likes

I’m not sure, they chased him through some backyards and after he caught the guy the cop removed his wooden leg to show the camera. It was really the only moment that stands out in my memory of that show.

Yeah you gotta be wary of Florida Man though he does stuff like marrying alligators and dancing on the highway!

2 Likes

No, I was one of the best. Looked and acted normal. But a lot was going on inside.

5 Likes

I had the '‘nurses built like brick sh*t houses’ treatment a few times.

2 Likes

My psychosis had subsided some while I was there.
I was one of the better off patients stuck there.

My assigned psychiatrist jokingly said that I behave like one of the staff.

But to be honest I was scared shitless

3 Likes

About 30 years ago I was one of the worst. I tore pictures off the wall and break the plexiglass into shards for weapons, would try to elope all the time, constantly had the “manpower” code called to be carried to seclusion and put in restraints with a B-52 shot (Benadryl, 5mg Haldol, 2mg Ativan).
Nowadays, U.S. health rules say you can’t be restrained for over 4 hours at a time and you must have a one-on-one when restrained, but 30 years ago they had no time limits, they’d just leave you there for whatever.
I used to get out of the restraints, so they used a body net over the top and put mitts over my hands so I couldn’t get out.
I had a nurse tell me that I was the only patient she ever had who really scared her! WTF?
I still have a lot of issues, but I don’t think I’m the worst one anymore. I’ve matured some out of my impulsive behaviors, and I try to get along with others even when I’m in the H.

4 Likes

There were a couple of times I was pretty bad, but I don’t know if I was ever the worst.

1 Like

I take that back. There was a time when I was put in restraints, and I bellowed at the top of my voice, “Help! I want to talk to an attorney!” for thirty-six hours. Some of the staff told me later that it was really hard on them. I think I was the worst that time.

3 Likes