Worst thing that happened to you while being in a psych ward

I had a lot. Don’t know which one situation to choose

None. The VA psych ward is nice. :pig::pig::pig:

1 Like

I had several, but the as far as action stuff, i was tackled and and strapped down for doing something on a basketball court, forcfully injected once, and kicked in the head by a patient.

1 Like

I got a forced Haldol injection because I was arguing with a nurse. Pinned down by like 6 people. Wasn’t fun. That was probably my worst. Most hospital stays are just boring.

1 Like

Worst thing that happened to me was not being allowed into the psych ward when I went to the hospital completely psychotic and suicidal.

4 Likes

Being super board,

Seeing a guy get a blowjob from a woman easily 25 years his senior,

Forced medication.

1 Like

I was locked in a room with a patient from prison and a psychotic and violent patient. They starting fist fighting. I couldn’t get out of the room. Security had to be called to get the door open.

Also, I had to room with a woman who spread her blood and feces all over the toilet, shower, and walls. Every time I had to pee, I had to ask for cleaning staff to come and clean before I could go. I’d wait a long time to be able to go. It was awful!

1 Like

You win,

That’s terrible.

2 Likes

Lol. Wasn’t trying to win, but I’ve had some awful experiences. Then again, I’ve spent A LOT of time in psych wards in my life.

1 Like

Nothing too bad. My first roomate was the loudest snorer (no exaggeration) I’ve ever heard. I then got my room switched, and my next roomate was a white supremacist. So that wasn’t fun. But I was never forced meds or pinned down or anything.

1 Like

One time there was this loud, delusional patient who wouldn’t shut up. All I wanted to do was sleep but I couldn’t because he wouldn’t stop going on and on. I was so angry with him. Then my little, young roommate said he touched her down there and the fight was on. I tried to attack him and a giant orderly had to stop me. I was screaming I was going to kill him. It was so awful.

1 Like

I ran out of cigarettes

1 Like

Getting my new 150$ Nike shoes stolen by a prisoner. Security guards got them back for me.

Also a naked guy came into my room at night, there was no security guards. My roomate yelled at him and he went back to his room.

Chained to a table for five hours.

The scrambled eggs in one hospital were the nastiest, most god-awful, eggs I ever tasted. I think cat puke fried in rancid butter would have tasted better than those eggs.

The medication caused me constipation. I backed up for a week.

The males had one shower. The drain backed up every time anyone took a shower and flooded the floor. So you’re standing ankle deep in water with 7 or 8 other guys waiting for your turn to take a shower. The last guy had to squeegee all the water into the drain.

For some reason I don’t know, they gathered about ten of us in a room one day and showed us a film of a woman in labor who then gave birth. It was detailed and graphic and bloody with plenty of close-ups. Uh, I’m sorry ladies, but the miracle of birth was a disgusting mess. I made it about halfway through the film and then I started feeling woozy and everything started turning black. I had to get up and leave or I would have passed out.

1 Like

Nothing too bad. Sharing a room with someone who snored and kept me awake. Some fights that broke out amongst the men in my area. I passed out from dehydration and I was then put on a good and fluid chart. Overall though, the experiences I had haven’t been bad.

being yelled at by my pdoc.

1 Like

Some other patient there threatened me and called me a racial slur and I had to sit next to her during the meal. I should have complained but I was too scared and not well.

Nothing extreme, being cuffed and injected with insta-calm sleepy stuff, I tried to escape a couple times too and I would get tied down and injected. I had an elderly lady sneak into my room late at night and try to get frisky with me lol.

2 Likes

They put some iv drip in me wen I tried to escape. It made me horny like hell. I don’t like unknown medication