Well Finally

On the 17th I finally went to my psychiatrist for the first time and my doctor was right, I have schizophrenia. One thing that I liked that he said “You do not have schizophrenia you are (my name) with schizophrenia.” I don’t know why but I liked that. One thing that was nice was since I was doing so well on the meds I’m on I only have to see him once every 4 months and since it’s a little over an hour drive. I just thought I’d share that.

3 Likes

You’re very lucky. I just thought the world was getting weirder and I was sane.

I agree that I am very lucky. I have a man who has stood beside me through my freak outs and a mom who knew what was going on. I’m sorry that you thought the world was getting weirder and you were sane. But one thing that my mom always tell me is’ “you’re not insane you simply have a chemical imbalance in your brain and never think for a second that you’re insane.”

2 Likes

Welcome to the boards. I’m glad you’ve got people on your side, and we’re on your side too.

1 Like

It took me a while to get past my dx and see myself a human first… with an illness…

You doc sounds like a good one.

3 Likes

You are very lucky to have what sounds like a good doc and good support from loved ones. Count your blessings and good luck to you.

1 Like

@Daze Thank you. I’m glad too and once again thank you.
@SurprisedJ I’m sorry you’ve had a hard time with that. Thank you, I hope he is.
@redaf I know I’m lucky. thank you

1 Like

@Daze Thank you. I’m glad too and once again thank you.
@SurprisedJ I’m sorry you’ve had a hard time with that. Thank you, I hope he is.
@redaf I know I’m lucky. thank you