We die so young!

Thank you for answering. That’s good news. I pray to live into my seventies as well. You must take good care of yourself also.

1 Like

I have help. I live in a group home.

2 Likes

That’s good. Once my mom passes I may see if I can get into a group home too.

1 Like

I think people with serious mental illness(both bipolar and schizophrenia especially) die younger. It’s debatable whether personality disorder ,which I am reckoned to have , counts as serious. That’s because personality disorder very much falls on a spectrum from mild to severe. I’d heard that those with PDs also die younger but a google search was limited by entries being predominantly for borderline PD.

I did find

Which states .

Reductions in life expectancy:

7-11 years for a single depressive episode or recurrent depressive disorder
9-20 years for bipolar disorder
9-24 years for substance use
10-20 years for schizophrenia
13-22 years for personality disorders
8-10 years for heavy smoking

For reference: I am 61 with former diagnoses of schizophrenia and schizoaffective. I don’t do drugs, don’t smoke, hardly ever consume alcohol but am, according to the literature, morbidly obese.My cholesterol is a little elevated.My blood sugar higher than it should be but not tipping into diabetes. Blood pressure is reasonably ok for my age.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I won’t live to be 75.
I’m overweight, although I’m losing weight. I have PCOS, I eat unhealthy foods, I vape and sometimes smoke, and I don’t do much exercise.

1 Like

He had no visuals in real life, only delusions he somewhat learned to ignore and voices.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.