Walking around in other people's clothing

If you believe the stuff you buy in retail store has not been worn, then you are sadly mistaken. At least at a thrift shop, you know it has been previously owned (but not necessarily worn), at the retail shops people return clothes they bought, and worn, but can’t wash (because they can’t take the tags off to return), then the stores just put it back on the rack.
ick. You wear someone else’ funk.

I have always shopped at thrift stores, garage sales, 2nd hand store all my life, at first because we had to, then because I want to. I haven’t liked the fashion at retail stores for the past ? 30 years. Do designers hate women?
Once I got a pair of black leather boots (never worn) at goodwill for $2.50. I wore them every single day (even to bed some nigts) for 6 years straight.
Call me a creature of habit.

2 Likes

I got a mens black winter coat at one flea market for 2.5 euros recently, this style. It is warmer than my leather jackets I have also got at flea markets.

1 Like

Same here. I buy my clothes at thrift stores. I kind of like the idea of being resourceful.

1 Like

Value Village all the way… there is nothing wrong with thrift stores.

I really admire people who can buy stuff at thrift stores and alter it or add to it and make it look cool.