Walked in on people talking about me

So tonight my older brothers are spending the night. We started a fire in the afternoon and kept it going into night time. I went to walk to the fire and overheard my dad and brother talking about me and my schizophrenia. That drives me crazy.

I guess it’s just me but I don’t like walking up to people talking about me and what I’ve been up to. I’m 32 years old and my dad just worries about everything I do. Does anyone else ever have times like that?

I don’t want to hear my co-workers talk about me or what they think of me. It would be all bad. They liked me just six months ago.

I always try to assume the best. They were just talking about you because they care.

It bugged me as well when people standing right next to you speak about you in the third person. It is as if you are no longer “One of us.”.

I know they care but it’s just a lot to handle. Why can’t my dad keep some stuff in between me and him. That annoys me.

I wouldn’t mind if I overheard my family talking about it. We’ve gotten to the point where we pretend it’s all gone and that I’m better. I guess they don’t bother thinking about the fact that I hear voices often.

It used to annoy me when my family would talk about it without me being present, but I give them all the slack they need now. It comes down to understanding that our support network needs support too, and as much as our illness is personal, it’s too much to ask that they don’t talk about it to other people within reason. We all need to vent, or seek guidance, or just express concern about the things we deal with.

Parents worry about their kids when their kids don’t face the challenges of a schizophrenic, its what parents do. Maybe talk to him and ask for certain things to be kept private.

God knows what people are saying about me. I doubt if it is good. The best thing is not to worry about it. Don’t let it get to you.

I slept on it and feel a bit better. It’s still on my mind though. I’ll be paranoid about it till they leave probably

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.