Vraylar,its on the market already?

Have you tried Abilify - its quite similar chemically, it seems. Don’t get your hopes up too high:

I’m taking abilify. And my symptoms are very persistant. It helped just a little bit but my negative simptoms are too strong. I hope it’s better than abilify. It doesn’t cost trying right? Sorry about my bad english

Here are some nutritional supplements that have some reasonable amount of scientific evidence that they can be effective in helping with negative symptoms.

The only thing I’m aware of that has some data behind it in terms of helping in these areas is CBT for psychosis (therapy) see link below:

and these supplements (below).

Vraylar might be worth a try when it arrives - talk with your doctor. The issue is that there are always risks with changing medications - the one you are on before the change sometimes doesn’t work when you try to go back (if the new medication doesn’t work). This is why doctors tend to want you to stay on what is working if its not too bad.

Sarcosine

D-Serine

N-Acetyl cysteine (NAC)

B-Vitamins

I already bought sarcosine I’m waiting for it to arrives. I’m gonna give a try hoping it works. As for vraylar I hope my doctor would describe vraylar as soon as possible. I’ll watch the videos to see if the things get better. Thanks for all the info.

@Chester170 hello, did sarcosine work for you? I’ve tried it too but I didn’t feel any better. I suffer from strong negative symptoms. I am currently reading about tDCS, it has yielded promising results in some pilot studies. But it is only available in a few countries, especially USA.

Hi Andrey I’m taking sarcosine in almost a week since I started. I feel i little bit but just a little bit better. Nothing extraordinary. I still feel a lot of the negative symptoms. So I think it’s not working like I hoped it would too. What do you think about Vraylar? Is on the market already? Does it work on negative sympoms better than sarcosine someone? Thanks.

i asked the same question on dr-bob forum, it’s not available yet in US pharmcies

2 Likes

I think Vraylar will fall into the hole Fanapt did - virtually unused, obscure, and ineffective. The results it’s shown are not very encouraging. I think this one will be forgotten about rather quickly.

alien99 a med that’s treating negative symptoms, i don’t think so

1 Like

Why is it taking so long to be released?

1 Like

I bet they’re building up a hype for the medication or something

1 Like

I need this med or another to fight the negative symptoms so bad…

1 Like

Abilify, Vraylar and Rexulti are all supposed to do so @Chester170.

I tried abilify it didn’t help much

Hang in there Chester, I also have negative symptoms that no medicine has been able to treat. Don’t despair, help is on the way. It might be Vrylar or ITI-007 or another drug that’s still in the early phases. Scientists are hard at work to find remedies for us. I haven’t given up hope, no matter how difficult it is to cope with this illness.

Thank you for the cheer up Andrey i really needed. I know help is on the way and I really hope it works!
But sometimes it’s hard to live with th illness. Good luck to you too Andrey. Hope your negative symptoms go away and mine too

yes the hell with negative symptoms, WW2 was all about that