Vraylar New Drug Review

I don’t know if you guys remember but I did the review on rexulti ( which didn’t work for me) Well I was looking around the Internet and didn’t see any reviews on Vraylar. It’s an antipsychotic that treats schizophrenia and bipolar. I have schizoaffective.It just got approved last December. I have samples now to see how it works with me. I started out on 1.5 then increased to 3mg. I was having an increase in voices because I have been off of serequel for a while so I needed something so I looked on this site and saw something new was out. I had an appointment with my pdoc the next day and asked her about it she didn’t know too much about it. I read about it so I was ok with it. She did put it in to see if it would interfere with my other medicines and it was a go. DAY 1-- My voices still continued, it didn’t say to take it at morning or night so I took it at night. I was a little anxious and it was a little hard to sleep,it’s like I was tired but couldn’t sleep. I did eventually go to sleep and woke up at 8:00am. I didn’t really feel to much difference and really no side effects👍🏽
DAY 2— I was getting a cold and still took it that night ( now at 3 mg) and DayQuil. It seems like it lessens the cold medicines because I was really barking and my nose was still runny. I noticed a difference in my mood because I usually got frustrated with my aunt but I’m not now!!! No other side effects. I actually went walking for 30 minutes.
DAY 3- I didn’t take it last night because of the interference with the cold medicine. I’m feeling ok. I took a klonopin because I had to wait at Medicaid. I’m doing ok so far and also less voices.

6 Likes

Sounds like you’re having a better time on it than rexulti. Looking forward to your next update!

1 Like

THanks so much for posting on this - its great to hear from people using new medications. Keep us updated as your test continues!

2 Likes

Thanks for the review, I too was searching for vraylar reviews but couldn’t find any. You must be the first. I want to try it as well, everyone is different , so it may effect people differently. Hope u can keep us updated, and good luck.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for reviewing Vraylar @Brea99

My pdoc is considering this med for me, but I am a bit leary because of the anxiety its supposed to cause

1 Like

I’m really sensitive to medicine so this is quite a shock for me that it’s going well. It’s funny you said it causes anxiety because so far I haven’t even had to take my klonopin since I’ve been on it. I’ll keep you guys updated like I did before. I really appreciate this community you guys have helped me so much :smile::smile:

2 Likes

No problem, I’ll update at night so I can have enough time to think about how the day went and get my notes together.

1 Like

Yes so far so good aside from the cold medicine that’s about it.

3 Likes

Any sexual side effects, are you still attracted to the opposite sex? Is ur labido working? Thanks mate

1 Like

Yes my libido is working quite well even with the new medicine.

2 Likes

Day 4— I was still a little sick but I took it and took the cold medicine and it was fine. I don’t know why the robitussin didn’t work with it. I used the alka-seltzer cold plus and it helped my symptoms. I didn’t have any side effects on this day either. I took it at 10 pm and woke up at 730 am so no heavy sedation. I have been feeling thirstier but I think it has to do with another medicine I take. I am on a weight loss journey so I weigh myself everyday and haven’t noticed any weight gain but also no loss. I was sick so I wasn’t as strict as I was before. Today I ate better so I will see if I see a loss.

Day 5-- I took the medicine and still feeling good. It seemed like its enhanced my mood which I needed it because I was going down fast with no meds for a while. This is day 2 I have been to the gym which is a surprise because I just couldn’t motivate myself to go (weird I would walk around my neighborhood but couldn’t get to the gym). The voices are getting better not completely gone but no medicine has ever done that, so Im happy they’re less.I had an appointment with my therapist and shes really happy this one is working for me… so far. I also haven’t had to take my klonopin so that’s also a good thing.

If you have any questions that I may have not answered you can always respond on this thread or message me on here.I do want to say this is just my experience and its very true everyone is different.

5 Likes

Wow thanks for the valuable info @Brea99.

Glad to know that you are doing well with Vraylar so far.

I just may go ahead and try it - if I can get past my fear of trying new meds.

This is really encouraging news - thanks again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much. No sign of it being released in Europe yet of course.

1 Like

Thanks Brea for the update!

2 Likes

is it working for flat effect of urs…???

1 Like

Do all of these drugs sound like alien names to anyone?

“I am vraylar from the fourth quadrant sector six, this is my associate rexulti and his cousin haldol. We have come for your planet’s big macs.”

15 Likes

I’m glad I was able to help because this site has done so much for me I like to give back too. I have been on sooo many medicines my pdoc was giving up on me to be honest so I had to research and help myself. I was afraid to try a new medicine too but I know I needed medicine (I was hospitalized several times) so I had to be optimistic and try. You can also read the studies and the side effects. I googled the drug and read as much as I needed to make a decision. It helps but you just don’t know how its going to affect you ,for me the pros outweighed the cons. Good luck. If you do try it update us so we can know your experience.

3 Likes

You know I don’t know. I feel happier but I need to ask my daughter to watch me and see if I have more expression. I’ll let you know after some days of her observing me.

3 Likes

Nice. Looks like it works after all on negative symptoms wich i really need something to treat them really soon

1 Like

Ok I asked my daughter this morning and she said I have always had emotions and facial expressions. The thing that I cant do is cry. I could before but not after I started hearing voices. I wanted to cry Thursday (When I was talking to my doctor about another illness I have) but still couldn’t so for me no it didn’t help.

3 Likes