Voices, your experiences

I’m agreeing with one, or arguing back in my head. But my actual point of view isn’t really vocal in my thoughts, usually it’s the quiet one in the back of my head. If that makes any sense.

What are some of the arguments?

I used to talk to them but don’t anymore. Voices are rarer now. They have been mostly family and people I know but there’s been some random ones too

Hmm. Say for instance I was in a bit of a fight with my boyfriend (probably not really just thinking he’s ignoring me) my thoughts would be like
#1 he hates you
#2 why don’t you just leave him and live on the streets and kill yourself by doing heroin
#3 why don’t you leave him and get a sugar daddy and become rich and famous
#1 he obviously is sick of you, he would rather you kill yourself instead of being miserable and depressed all the time
#2 hes way too good to you, you don’t deserve it
#3 you’re too hot for him, anyways youre a lesbian why do you have a boyfriend
Me- shut up ??!!

It’s weird. They don’t have a specific voice (just sound like my thoughts) but I can always tell which one is thinking. I also don’t agree with what they say in the slightest, so it’s just like a room of myself arguing with other versions of myself while actually me is quietly screaming ‘no what the ■■■■ shut up’

4 Likes

Have you tried to cut them off? Does that cause stress if you do?

Did you ever know someone that thinks they’re clever and cool, thinks they do awesome putdowns on people, but really their unimaginably stupid and lame. That’s all of my voices x100. The main guy basically sounds very much the way someone sounds when they’re doing a “stupid voice” but more like a real person.

They harp on my not having a girlfriend and say that makes me either gay or a sexual pervert. I don’t care about any of that anymore.

2 Likes

I have experienced intrusive thoughts that I disagree with. Like for 30-60 minutes I constantly think negative thoughts about people I see. At work and at church. I fight back if I can, or I just let them go.
Mine may not be as severe as yours, Valiumprincess.

2 Likes

In my experience never responding to the insults can be as bad as responding too much. It can be infuriating and demoralizing to take vicious insult after vicious insult without responding.

But anybody that hasn’t figured this out-respond with your thoughts. Nothing scares the delicate normies like someone talking to themself.

1 Like

Hey so I can kind of relate to what your going through I have my alters and intrusive thoughts always trying to convince me of stuff. So normally I have at least 3 streams of consciousness happening most of the time. And I’ve found the best ways to deal with it are

1. Battle it with logic
    Voice: "do thing A"
    Me: “well I could but that’s illegal and I don’t want to go to jail”

2. Just respond to it like you would if a friend was being annoying
    Voice: "your family hates you"
    Me: yeah sure whatever
    Voice: "kill yourself"
    Me: “lol nah”

3. Make jokes about it it changes the mood and steals their thunder.

That’s just what I do idk if any of that will help or even make sense sorry if it sounds weird.

4 Likes

Same man same. Boils my blood. But how the ■■■■ are you supposed to react to them?

Mine getting me when I’m deep. I’ll be thinking about a ■■■■■■ up dream and they will start acting like it really happened and if I’m bothered enough by it they keep it going for days or weeks

1 Like

I just tell them exactly what I think of them in my head. I try not to get too mad, although I guess if I had a red face in public people would just assume I’m thinking about something that makes me mad. I think most of the time my facial expression doesn’t change too noticeably.

I reason with them sometimes but they usually just say “I made it up” and then say the same thing again 5-10 minutes later as if the exchange never happened

Exactly. I wish I still had that public mindset like that. I feel like everyone knows me and listens to me in some ■■■■■■ up way.

But my internal voice comes right out with breath. Idk how or why that I can’t atleast have some head space to think but it ■■■■■■.

Every thought is right out in the open getting picked apart.

Like thought broadcasting? I had that for a while, not sure how long. I wish I could tell you what I did that changed it. It stopped before I switched to rexulti. I’m sorry bro, I remember that being pretty hellish.

It’s came and went so many times.

This last go about started up when my ps4 randomly started producing these ■■■■■■ up ringing noises and fan noise. Idk how but it somehow ■■■■■■ up my mental balance and I’ve been hearing frequencies and voices for 5 months.

The frequencies literally magnetize my brain feel held to a wall like I have something to squel.

But they started out saying I was gay eith voices and making me trip out thinking people thought I was. They then went to saying random names then I started hearing the person talking. Now they are saying I ■■■■■■ my mom and now I feel like the whole community thinks the ■■■■ is true so I’m just an egg on a sidewalk trying to drive nails in a board with a potato.

1 Like

I’ve had these kind of arguments too with myself. When I am paranoid about something. Like one time, I thought my mom was trying to thwart my parenting of the kids. I kept arguing that she wasn’t and why would she do that, but the other angry me would not listen and kept presenting evidence that she was against my parenting methods and trying to thwart them. In the end, angry me won the argument and I just stayed angry for a while.

Is it normal to argue with yourself like this? I’m not sure. It wasn’t a voice but it was clearly a different me. It hasn’t happened since I started taking APs. But then again, I haven’t been angry or paranoid since taking APs either. Maybe its just what I do when I get angry.

I rarely hear voices. Rarely. So far, it has only been a whisper of my name.

2 Likes

I mostly see things, not hear things. I mostly see lots of cats around. Sometimes other animals or people too. None of them make a sound, but it is hard to know that they are not real because they look just like the real thing. Luckily they fade soon after I see them, so I don’t get fooled for long.

1 Like

My main voice I hear is a man’s voice.

It sounds very deep sometimes, and other times angry and nasal.

I used to talk back to it with religious things.

Now I refuse to give it any power.

But once in a while I do slip and say something back to it.

I try hard not to though.

1 Like

This. Very much this. Like something or someone is trying to control me. I can definitely relate.

2 Likes