Voices telling me to do bad things

My voices are calling my name. They also tell me to push ppl in front of the train in the subway. I don’t want to. I have not done it. “C’mon push him!” “No? Then jump!” I hate them. How do I stop them. Also I’m not allowed to talk about them. Now I do anyway. But I don’t know if I dare telling my pdoc next wednesday. I’m afraid she wants me in hospital or be on sick leave. I’m afraid they will know at my work.

U sound barely in control of your conscience. But u also sound in despair. Calling out for help.

1 Like

Just keep reminding yourself that you are a good person. We all know that good people don’t do those kinds of things. Tell your psychiatrist. I don’t believe you are a real threat to anyone, so he/she won’t be able to commit you, just maybe up your meds.

2 Likes

I get that with my intrusive thoughts - they pop up suggesting I harm a loved one in some way, and it disturbs me. How do I stop it? I just try to ignore it and push it away, because they are not my thoughts. But I would tell the pdoc if I were you, otherwise you will continue to suffer in silence.

1 Like

How do I gather courage enough to tell her? I always have a “I’m fine” charade going on. I will break down completely. No, I will tell her. She knows I hear voices. But I haven’t told her they say bad things.

1 Like

I’d at least tell her they are amping up and distracting you. Even if you don’t tell your doc exactly what they are saying, I’d at least tell her that it’s getting hard to concentrate and ignore. Due to the lack of concentration you’re not feeling 100%.

That way you can still get the help you need, but surely she won’t put you in the hospital if you are still in control but just need a little extra help.

1 Like

Distraction helps me. Then there’s just playing ignoring them. They’re only voices in your head after all, they can’t actually hurt you. Only you can hurt you…and of course solid human beings…but I mean voices wise. Even if they sound like they’re outside your head, they’re just voices they can’t actually hurt you. As for making you do thing you want to just remember you’re in control of your body not them.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re struggling. I personally don’t hear voices much but I do have hallucinations telling me to do things. Something I know a lot of people do is wear headphones. If they get louder, turn your music up. Something that helps when I talk to my pdoc is to have everything written down when I go in. If you don’t feel comfortable reading it, let her read it. When the demon used to tell me to hurt myself they wanted to hospitalize me because that indicates you’re a danger to yourself. Just so you know, they can commit you if you have hallucinations telling you to hurt yourself or others. Good luck to you and just be honest with your pdoc. :sunny:

Drink lots of acholo you will be so messed up that it wont even matter i do this on a daily routeine now that i stoped my risperdal

I stopped drinking in 2010. Have not touched alcohol since february 22 2010.

Drinking was my medicine when I was young. But kids need sober parents.

2 Likes

@SunGirl that is what I’m afraid of! I really really don’t want to be at hospital again. Last time I was in for 6 months! Also I’m afraid to tell my husband. He believes everything is okay except occational hallucinations that he notices because I answer him when he’s not asked anything. Or when I hear someone scream and he doesn’t.

Why do you think that is? If you’re out of control or have the possibility of hurting someone then maybe you do need to be in the hospital. Nobody likes going in but it is the best place to be when things get bad.

Another thought, if you don’t seek help while you can and then something does happen, like you do push someone in front of a train, then the blame is solely on your shoulders.

You have a good point there.

Yeah, resist that alcohiol at all costs. It may seem like it solves problems but it actually CAUSES problems. Good for you for being smart about that.

1 Like

If you ever killed someone it would wreck your life. You have problems now but if you killed someone it would increase your problems ten-fold and follow you and be on your conscience for the rest of your life. A hospital is sometimes a necessary evil.

just try and ignore them thats all we can do, they are just loose thoughts that don’t mean anything,
random thoughts that don’t mean anything, just try and not think about it, sometimes music can help x

1 Like

When I first became ill I heard voices telling me to jump off bridges and jump in front of traffic. Worst was them telling me to kill my brother. But my partner convinced me to go into the hospital and I got better. I still hear voices and see things but because I talk to my psychiatrist we try med changes to control them.

Its important to talk to your doctor if I hadn’t I would have gone back again to the inpatient unit a few weeks ago.

1 Like