Voices and sexuality

yeah i think of myself as hetero too but had some weird dreams aswell which were nothing like a playboy magazine. but i have to be honest i had ONE, and like 10 bad, dream aswell where i actually enjoyed what was going on. i still remember this dream to this day, i hope to forget the other, gay ones. its strange that you always get an erection even when you dream the most disgusting pile of crap imagineable.

1 Like

Having mixed feelings about ones sexuality is natural, normally occurs during the teenage years. Nothing to fear if you consider yourself heterosexual.

1 Like

okay thanks but this isnt teenage anymore its some serious stuff that can happen and turn my world upside down because the voices are the ones in charge.

If you feel the voices are the ones in charge why did you quit your meds?

I think that most of the time those offshoot dreams occur, I already have a natural erection happening in my body and it has little to do with sexual interest - just the body running its course; but somehow I manage to get taken advantage of.

Like I said, they can’t make you do that stuff in real life. My hope is once I leave this broken brain & body behind at death I can finally just be myself & have the free will to engage in what I truly love.

good question but the voices are always in charge even while im on meds. its just a part of the worldview i grown to understand. it might seem strange to outsiders and my psychologist found it unbelievable also but heck what can you do but wait for them to dissappear? i did get better after i had my dosis reduced so i imagine it being even less significant once im done with antipsychotics altogether.

Alright than, hope you can handle the situation. I wouldn’t worry about the voices turning you homosexual though, they can’t turn you.

2 Likes

i appreciate your answer but they turned me once already into this whole psychosis and what is preventing them from turning it against my will again?

That’s different, the psychosis is part of the illness. Sexuality isn’t.

Well its not just psychosis, to be honest with you, the voices also revealed alot of how the world really works to me. and it wasnt at all based on my previous understandings infact quite the contrary they revealed the things which i used to hate to imagine previously but they all confirmed it to be true. Whats not to stop to also reveal ‘my true sexuality’ to me?

Well, if you feel that’s your true sexuality its another matter completly. But I don’t think the voices turned you psychotic, voices are part of the psychosis. It’s difficult man, did you talk about this with your doctor?

Maaan i dont, really. its just a fear of me that things will go to hell again eventually. and yes the voices didnt turn me psychotic they are part of the psychosis but once i had the encounter with these voices they revealed really bizzare but still valid points of views. y’know its just not that easy to let it go. i talked about it with my psychologist and she accepts it as a schizophrenic symptom but still thinking that i can live without meds from now on. didnt you have voices at all? (did they talk about sexual things to you also?)

No voices, just visuals. I actually heard my name once during psychosis but only that. I saw demons, or at least I thought they were demons.

no but I get weird thoughts from now and then, I just let them pass I know its not me so I don’t give it much thought

1 Like

Lol, thought this would be appropriate for the thread.

5 Likes

weird for me its the other way around, i heard voices constantly but had only once a visual hallucination where i saw a guy having had demonic eyes.

good point but i think some people really believe that deep down these voices sz experience are actually their own mind talking.

There’s the subconscious, and we are sponges of whats outside of us. I don’t really know what the voices/visuals are, so I can’t say. My idea is that they are our imaginations going wild, but that’s only from the point of view of what I went through.

so you dont give any credence to the possiblity that god can actually be running the show but think it is our own human imagination gone wild?

I try not to think about it much, I really honestly don’t know. For now I believe there is no god, but I used to believe in god, and I used to believe I was god… so in that perspective for now, no.

1 Like