Vitamin d and tiredness

I have been prescribed this for life so I restarted taking one tablet everyday. It makes a difference. My tiredness has lifted.

6 Likes

I get my vitamin D levels checked every year during my physical with my primary dr. Now that I take 2200IUs per day, it’s always normal. That seems to be my sweet spot. But I live in Michigan and don’t get much sun. How much do you take?

3 Likes

I was doing this. It helped a little initally, then the tiredness came back. Ive now stopped because it was too much effort to keep taking it for no result.

2 Likes

I started taking 2000iu I was taking 1000iu

2 Likes

I take a weekly. Makes it easier.

2 Likes

My optimal level is met by taking 5,000 iu daily.

2 Likes

@FreeLunch , my dr told me to only take the weekly 50,000 IUs for one month and only if my levels are low. That might be too much long term

2 Likes

Thats what im doing. 50,000 once a week for 6 months and then we’ll check my levels again. My doctor said my vit D levels shouldnt make me This fatigued, but maybe it does. Im been taking the prescribed vitamin D for 2 1/2 months now and havent noticed a difference tho.

1 Like

Really? Ah
It says online i can take it for up to 8 weeks then should lower.

I will talk to my pdoc

Thanks!

1 Like

I got out today in the sun for a little while today and now that I’m back home I don’t want to do anything.

1 Like

Oh ok @Pickpink . That’s just what my primary dr says. But @FreeLunch got different info too so maybe my dr is wrong.

I used to take 5000IU daily, but have reduced to 2000IU. Seems to be enough for me.

1 Like

I’ve been told that certain medications prevent the absorption of vitamin D. So you can be taking a lot and it not be absorbing properly. Look for ways to improve your absorption. I take a truckload of it and my level is always around 12 or below.

1 Like

My level was 26 at last test. Supposed to take 5000 a day.

1 Like

My level was deficient I take 50000 once a week for 6 months.

1 Like

Well I take Chlorella powder it has vitamin d

1 Like

During dark Alaskan winters I take 5000 iu a day, but in the summer I cut it down to 3000 iu since I’m spending more time in the sun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.