Video Game Thread 4.0

I have been trying a couple of rpg’s myself lately. I have Monster Hunter World, Dark Souls III, Dark Souls II, Final Fantasy Type-0, etc… I play them when I want to take a break from other games… they are good, but they feel either too easy or too difficult (Dark Souls)… I could not beat the second boss in Dark Souls III, but I figure I’ll get around to beating it sooner or later. I usually like playing Halo 5, LoL, or Smash… I also play Chess and Go (board games)…

1 Like

I found the elusive Le Video Game Threadeu Trois (Video game thread 3.0) It was deleted by a Mod per OP request.

1 Like

I finally picked up Civ VI on special on steam. Like actually enjoying it and find the new mechanics with cities is refreshing and different from all the previous civs. Early days yet but enjoying. Only got vanilla and it’s good for first impressions.

1 Like

I never got into the Civilization games, but I’m a huge fan of Sid Meier’s “Pirates!” game. I have to look into civ, I assume it’s kind of like Sim City.

2 Likes

I deleted my cache folders on wow and it reset my graphic settings. After about an hour again the comp crashed. So i guess it is the video card being like that. Ive been meaning to clean out my gtx video card, gonna take it apart and see if cleaning it will make it work. Maybe i can get a few more years out of it. I just need to find my old tool kit screwdrivers for computers. I think its a belkin set

3 Likes

Maybe blast it out with some compressed air?

My last gaming rig had a liquid coolant system, bad mistake, I had to fill that sucker up every year carefully with a funnel and you know liquid and circuitry don’t mix. Plus it made weird sounds at night like a humidifier or something.

2 Likes

If you have an air cooler on the CPU, you might clean that at the same time. Put some new paste on if you have it.

It’s a bit of work though!

4 Likes

Yeah i got some compressed air. I noticed that the fan is connected to the cpu with some tubes. So im gonna unhook the tubes and blast some air into them.

That liquid coolant thing sounds hardcore. I used to joke about those with my friend whos into comps that id get one. Sounds like a chore.

2 Likes

If your having computer problems try one of the hardware forums. Linus Tech Tips isn’t so bad but there is that thing of newbies but you’ll get some help regardless. Take pictures. Everyone has a phone these days and it’s easy to diagnose and fix problems these days with computers…

2 Likes

Anyone want to play world of warcraft together? Im on Aerie peak but i can change servers. Dont mind horde or alliance, whichever.

1 Like

I bought a Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra 4K HDR. I play Tomb Raider on Stadia free 2 months trial, its 9.99$ then. The controller works with anything. I also use GeForce Now, 2 months free then 4.99$, you can play your already paid PC games anywhere on Android and Windows.

2 Likes

I knocked out Mega Man 2 for another 50 point achievement. Doing the third one now, it’s my favorite and I’m pretty sure it’s the hardest. Just beat Snake Man and Gemini Man.

2 Likes

Now that all I have is my shitty laptop, I’m really jonesing for some vidya.
I have some games I could play, but they require a mouse and I don’t really have one.

But it’s so slow it can’t even run Minecraft :sob:
I’ll probably be able to afford either a Switch or a new computer within a year though

4 Likes

Not even Minecraft? Oh that stinks. There’s a lot of old games on GOG.com (good old games) that can run on the slowest computers. One of my favorite is the Might and Magic 6 pack which is usually I think 10 bucks but goes on sale for 5 sometimes.

3 Likes

I’ve got some old games on Gog it can run, and a friend bought me some games on there when I turned 30, but I haven’t had a chance or taken the time to play any of them yet

2 Likes

@agent101g thanks for creating this thread because now I get to ask all my gaming questions. So my console was stole a year ago when our house was broken into. I can’t afford to buy another one at the moment but I do have a laptop. Can anyone help me on how I can play video games on there? What sites should I download? Is it safe for my laptop?

2 Likes

For laptop, I like Company of Heroes 2, World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, Starcraft 2, Counterstrike, Diablo III, Civilization 5.

1 Like

The biggest digital distributors for computers games are Steam and GOG. I prefer GOG because it lets you install the games without being connected to the internet. There’s lots of old games that run well on slower PCs, and Steam has a lot of games that were originally for console, like Red Dead Redemption 2. You can connect a PS4 or Xbox One controller to the computer and it’s just like playing on a console. GOG and Steam are both safe sites.

2 Likes

Is your laptop a gaming laptop or an office/home laptop?
What I mean is, it is built for games or is it built for using Word documents and browsing internet? And how old is it? OS?

Minecraft and the old Counterstrike 1.6 are generally mild on most computers.
Like @agent101g said, Gog.com has lots of older games that are great to run on laptops.
I like Emperor, Grim Fandango, and Starship Titanic.

2 Likes

It’s not a gamer laptop it is meant to be used for web browsing and documents. It is a newer model, touch screen and all.

1 Like