Upgraded my phone to android 8

Was really surprised to see that they actually brought android 8 to my device. I thought android v7 was pushing it.

To my surprise though, the installation went just fine and it really did add a fresh coat of paint to my phone which released back in 2015.

All of that was born of a quest to get my phone on the 4g network. Which was troubling me for years. Thought that because I was prepaid 3g was all I was going to get… then I finally found where the plan states plainly that it should be 4g.

So after tinkering around with all kinds of cellular settings… I finally got the 4g active. To think it should have been that way all the nights I sat there waiting on things to download at 60 kbps and the like.

So that’s all well and good. I was almost about to upgrade. It’s like the universe answered my prayers on this one!

Android 8 Oreo… same things but with more bells, whistles, and a couple extra bubbles for good measure.

4 Likes

Android 10 is becoming the mainstream mobile operating system from Google. Android 11 was just recently released. Android 9 introduced dark mode.

1 Like

yeah my phone’s old… 2015 lol… only 5 years. I’m going to keep using it, and because of that I’m pretty glad to see some extra utility rise to the surface this late into its life cycle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.