New phone 15

I just bought a Motorola Moto e last October, and they apparently no longer sell it. The Moto e isn’t on Motorola’s list to upgrade to Android 11, but security patches will be issued until June 2022. I guess I’ll keep it for now, but I don’t know how long I should use Android 10.

2 Likes

i hope you enjoy your new phone… mine is way old but i find it hard to upgrade as i get used to stuffs so easily and then it’s hard to adapt to new things.

2 Likes

My newish phone runs android 10. I intend to keep it for about 3 years before upgrading.

3 Likes

Thanks. I hate having to get a new phone every two or three years. I was reading that 4G should be around for another decade though.

2 Likes

Thanks everhopeful.

2 Likes

yea 4G should be around for a while still huh =D

2 Likes

That’s what I read anyway. My carrier says they are supporting 4G for the immediate future.

2 Likes

The Moto e got a PC Magazine Editors Choice award, and is a good, durable phone. I really will hate seeing it go.

1 Like

Lots of phones still didn’t get Android 11. Google Pixel phones were the first to get it, my Pixel 2XL got it last October but my much newer Xiaomi is still Android 10. I read that mine and other new phones should get Android 11 in the summer. But anyways even if you stay on Android 10 you can still use it for 3+ yrs. I have an old phone from 2016 with Android 6 and it still works. The problem with older phones is decreased battery capacity.

3 Likes

So I can keep it as long as the battery holds up?

2 Likes

Yes, of course.

2 Likes

If you guys want to buy a new phone wait for xiaomis brand new poco x3 pro and poco f3 pro they are going to be flagship killers (value for money) or just get an old samsung galaxy S if you want water and dust proofing and top of the line led screen

2 Likes

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 9 since it came out a year ago, its good. Motorola and Samsung A are good too for the price, I ended up getting Xiaomi bcz its a bit cheaper.

2 Likes

Thanks @ElectronicHarrassmen @Aziz

2 Likes

I have 5 pocophone F1 pros i got them for like 100€ each(i got one sealed for 200€) they have snapdragon 845 (4x2.8ghz octacore) and liquid cooling system i recommend them as the best value for money option right now

2 Likes

You cant find them here in North America, did you buy from AliExpress? When you find one here its much more expensive, like 300+$CA.

2 Likes

I bought them locally here in greece through a tech website, you should wait a little and buy poco x3 pro or poco f3 pro they are coming very soon for like 300$ new

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.