Update From Appointment

My GP said that he would be okay to work with my psychologist to manage my prescriptions, which is a huge relief!! So I’m starting on celexa 10mg, and then we’re meeting again in three weeks to titrate up and add on an AP. He suggested starting with Risperdal, he thinks it will help control my sleep. Smokes is gon get her chemicals balanced. ■■■■ you, shadows :v::purple_heart:

10 Likes

I don’t know much about meds but it sounds good.

1 Like

Thanks! I really hope it works out

1 Like

Good good good. .!!!

2 Likes

Gotta start somewhere!

1 Like

Update on updates:

I’m sure we were talking about Celexa in the appointment but the scrip was for Lexapro so actually the dosage makes more sense. Another two-hour-sleep-night last night, more theories about Death. I guess this is what he means by “getting my sleep under control” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Happy for you @anon2818416 it can be super helpful when your doctor and psychologist work together, I wish you the best of luck of course :heart::two_hearts:

1 Like

Lexapro is a great med, I take 20mg myself! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Hanna_Foxx :blush::heart: I’m really super happy it worked out. I wouldn’t have had another way to access psych meds without doing something drastic, which is ■■■■■■ up but true.

Glad it’s working for you @wayward ! Here’s hoping we get it right on the first try!! :crossed_fingers::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I really hope it works out smokes !

1 Like

Lexapro is a good little medicine, I took it for years. I hope you do get it right on the first try. I’m glad to see you so excited.

1 Like

Thanks @doodle! I’ll let you know how it goes. Are they still keeping you on prn quetiapine?

I don’t know what’s happening with that. I have a psychiatrist appointment in 30 mins so I’ll let you know what the plan is!

1 Like

Thanks @Leaf :heart: Honestly it feels a little weird to be excited about meds, but I just really want to feel like I’m in control of myself.

1 Like

Please do! :heart:

I gotta tell you Lexapro really cut down on my obsessive thoughts. Hopefully it will help you if you have any too. The only reason I stopped taking ti is because I needed a stronger anti-depressant so I started taking Zoloft which goes up higher.

1 Like

I don’t think I do? Haha I guess this is where I find out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ll definitely keep that in mind if it’s not working :heart::two_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.