Can't sleep ugh

I hate this every single night!!! Something’s gotta give.

1 Like

Yeah it’s important. Very much so. Do you take sleepers? It’s a short term option but sometimes the lesser of two evils but it’s something to bring up with doctor and if struggling sooner rather than later.

I slept horribly for years. These days it’s not so bad unless I miss a dose of effexor…then it’s a horrible night.

It’s usually pretty quiet around this time but if you check into Say Anything you may find someone awake for a chat!

1 Like

I slept about 4 hours and had to get up because my mind was shooting endorphins so much I couldn’t take it. I had some fantastic dreams. I have a pdoc appointment in the morning.

1 Like

They gave me something for nightmares but not for actual sleep. You gotta get to sleep first.

There’s options these days. I used benzo’s for years but they aren’t really a sleeper and addictive. Like they helped me get to sleep but then there’s staying asleep. Still. Things to talk to your doctor and even a gp should be able to prescribe something to help you before you see psydoc if it’s a long wait.

It may help if your struggling every night.

Yeah she suggested remeron but I believe it’s also an SSRI and so I said no. I didn’t figure it would work.

1 Like

I’m sorry to contradict you rogue but my pdoc told me there’s not a lot of medicine for sleeplessness.

Ask for alternatives. It’s perfectly allright if your struggling with sleep.

1 Like

Do you sleep in the daytime?

Yeah maybe not for everyone but there’s better options than a decade ago for sleepers.

No I can’t sleep in the daylight.

I was on Zyprexa ten years and couldn’t sleep well when I got off. It happens a lot.

1 Like

Turtle, do you write. Maybe when you get up in the middle of the night try writing. You could be a great novelist.

1 Like

Thanks @Jinx and @rogueone

1 Like

My pdoc suggested exercise. I need to take her advice but in the summer it’s only cool enough to walk at dawn here.

2 Likes

Ive been getting zero sleep these last few weeks…picked up some valarian yesterday and slept sooo much yesterday i honestly feel recharged. I also got some lavender and tea tree oil which helps me relax…also some melatonin. Slept so well :zzz: :sleeping:

1 Like

I have sleep apnea, I wakeup breathless many times during the night, I feel sleepy and tired all day. Thats why I take 400mg caffeine a day.

1 Like

Try some L-theanine

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.