Unbelievable

I pay the entire utility bill each month because my roommate never uses the heat and stays in his room most of the time.
My bill for February was $288.00!

I know why. It’s a small apartment but it has two wall heaters close by each other.
I got in the habit of turning them both on as high as they will go and falling asleep with both of them on. So they are both on until I get up in the morning. I can cover the bill this month but boy, I am now being more conscious of not just letting the heaters run all day and night. Warmer weather is coming so the monthly bill will go down to $60 or $70.

7 Likes

MY electric and gas bill will be around 400 next month, after a nasty cold spell

2 Likes

Wow. Don’t you use a fireplace?

Don’t have one and have to keep the heat up so the pipes don’t freeze

1 Like

Have you looked into any discounts from the utility company or your city or state? You may qualify for a discount depending on your income or maybe even because of your illness.

no. I don’t qualify for anything, unless I become homeless, then it takes about a year of being homeless to get anything

can’t you have it turn off at night? Like programming it… so it goes off when you are asleep?

1 Like

I was running a space heater too much too, and my bill is up this month. I won’t be using it anymore.

Good suggestion but my heater doesn’t have that feature.

1 Like

I thought it would be cheaper for me heating with wood, but with prices rising every year it’s costing me more now then it did on natural gas when I was in town.

Add on to that using the electric baseboards as backups, just to make sure that the pipes don’t freeze, the bill has went from about $70 a month up to 300. Now that does include my recording studio, but still

1 Like

I was in the hospital, and my pipes burst. I have 400 water bill and 150 plumbing bill.

Bummer!

That blows, sorry to hear

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.