UberEats first day

Did a small 1.75 hour shift and made 24$ including tips. Doing this with Lyft simultaneously.

10 Likes

Good for you @Nomad. Are you going to buy something special with the money?

1 Like

Yeah good for you @Nomad ! Good to be productive and getting some coin is always a good thing!

Congratulations @Nomad!

Just curious, how much difficulty did you have getting auto insurance that covers what you do? Was it expensive?

1 Like

So is that all profit? What did the shift give you for mileage?

I’ve been working at my husband’s insurance agency in Michigan and we are an independent agency with 7 different auto carriers - only 2 allow it, but the rates aren’t too much higher. It’s just difficult to find and both the companies that allow it credit score…

1 Like

I’ve been having a horrible time placing Lyft/Uber/UberEats/SkipTheDishes drivers. We’ve got two markets that will take them, but the one wants them to be over 25 with a squeaky clean credit rating. Usually the person across from me is older with a bad credit history or younger with no credit or insurance history and I can’t get the cheaper market to take them. Facility Association, which is an all-comers market and priced accordingly will, but none of the drivers can afford it.

Frustrating.

The biggest problem is these delivery services are so time-sensitve that they are a much worse risk due to the higher incidence of accidents. Hell, any time you mention “delivery” you can hear the hives popping out on the underwriter’s skin on the other end of the phone.

:frowning:

2 Likes

LMAO!
I hate credit scoring but ours do it too.

1 Like

Not difficult to find but it is around 30$ more per month to be covered during ride-sharing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.