Delivering Uber Eats - decent job for sz imo

For those of us with access to vehicles, I think it’s a good option.

I’ve done two sessions of Uber Eats delivery. It’s pretty straightforward and has minimal contact with people. I only felt anxious when I had to wait in a crowded restaurant for an order. Other than that, it’s been a breeze. Made 19 dollars in two hours tonight.

Just wanted to relay my experience with other people :smiley: Might be worth a try

Edit: Oh you can also pick whenever you want to work and for how long.

6 Likes

That’s it? What do you have left after your vehicle expenses come out? Don’t forget to factor in wear and tear on the vehicle.

1 Like

I think its good you found something you can do. I have done delivery myself. I crunched some hard numbers one time and you spend about 50 cents on gas per delivery. The insurance and registration stickers and all that is already covered because your driving anyway. And your beating the ■■■■ outta the vehicle but who cares. I drive all my cars into the ground. Its a job. You can take away 100 plus bucks a day for a 4 hour shift. Low stress. Its not hourly work and shouldnt be looked at that way. You just try and hit so much per km. A dollar a km is good.

2 Likes

The main thing is gas. I have to pay insurance anyways, so that’s not a problem.

1 Like

Yeah i did skip the dishes as a second job when i was in remission. Like ppl said its a non stressful job and dosnt even feel like work. So its pretty good.

1 Like

i think i would be some sort of driver uber or hospital transport or truck if i could drive
but due to hallucinations i cant drive

1 Like

@cathart1c did you have trouble figuring out the tax situation as an independent contractor with Uber Eats?

I don’t understand why people drive for Uber Eats. If you’re doing it legally with proper insurance and you factor in vehicle costs you’re making less than minimum wage. Uber is a horrible company. If you use the service you’re exploiting people.

I dunno. It helps keep me productive and I’m also making money. I might not make a ton, but it’s something.

I don’t think drivers/customers are guilty by association. If we’re getting into that, there are plenty of larger corporations that exploit people in numerous ways. And in much worse ways than underpaying employees in some cases.

Uber drive is more stressful but makes more money than Uber eats.

We recently got Uber Eats in my town in England. Its okay. I doesn’t help with my drinking because its now so easy to order if I can’t leave the house. But it more than double the price of the local shop.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.