Trying without a therapist

It has been a year since I last talked to my counselor. I find now that I want to cry sometimes and just feel heavy burdens on me. I was talking to my wife the other night and felt better after that. I just want to work this out inside of me so that I will not have to go make an appointment. I find with the schizophrenia it is hard do solve problems so I just ruminate about everything. Difficulty in solving problems is why I am working where I am at and it is the reason I cannot get The Job of my life.
I am getting older and getting scared of dying because I have not done the things I wanted to do in life. I have a lot more of living to do. I appreciate everyone listening to me and reading this post. I feel a lot better just having wrote this.

3 Likes

I found counseling had little growth where psychotherapy had more and I could see it.

There’s good counselors and bad counselors.
There’s good therapists and bad therapists.
There’s good psychiatrists and bad psychiatrists.
Nobody is perfect
Except me.

5 Likes

Therapists are good to guide our thought processes, we all make mistakes, and with this illness the confidence in trusting our thoughts is very shattered. Consider seeing a therapist, it’s good to have someone to guide us.

1 Like

I just fired my very incompetent and uncaring therapist.
I am in the process of finding another one, but I may wait until I move to my new place.

I really don’t want to get stuck with just anyone.
I need to be with a compassionate person who has knowledge of bipolar disorder/schizoaffective disorder and abuse.

1 Like

Why don’t you want to talk to a counselor? It’s not a sign of strength to avoid counseling, and it’s not a sign of weakness to go. Its good that you have your wife for support though. Having a strong support system at home can make a huge difference.

1 Like

I see a counselor/therapist as needed now. Which basically means less often then I probably should.

It’s excellent for: Reminding You To & How To Cope, Organizing Your Thoughts, Coming Up With Realistic & Practical Approaches To Problems.

I found that seeing a therapist really made me be more aware of where I’m at, at certain points, inciting me to make choices about my life where if it were otherwise I would just let the matters linger until they had solved themselves out by abandonment.

Also, anyone ever noticed that if you add a space in therapist it becomes the rapist? Just noticed that now…

1 Like

Just a few I think.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bxnuOdWUmA

1 Like

I have talked to a counselor all my adult life and I have ran out of things to talk about. Any more when I make an appointment I just chit chat. It is a challenge to me to work things out myself rather than have somebody else do it. After I wrote that post, I just felt better. I just want to not be so dependent on a counselor that when something goes wrong, I go crying to one.

My last therapist was a self-centered idiot. I stopped seeing him but didn’t replace him. I’’ now at the point where I desperately need a new therapist. It’s hard to find one where I live now. I miss my therapist where I used to live.
We all have our own journeys and make choices in regards to what works for us, but if there’s something you can do that does work/does help, why not seek it out?