Trying to get off disability one day

Any students here on disability? I want to know how going back to school affects it. Does it automatically disqualify you at the review? Is it considered SGA?

2 Likes

Good question about SGA. I hope someone knows.

1 Like

I make pretty good money for someone on disability bc I had a good job b4 I went on it but I’d rather be able to work. Y’all are probably tired of hearing me say that.

I don’t make much money on it. But I’d like to provide my son with much more than this. I chose to become a mother and he shouldn’t have to suffer or struggle because I am ill. I want to have more for him. I also want to do it for myself of course. I’m an ambitious person and won’t stop fighting to have better for us. I’m just wondering if I am in school and it doesn’t work out will I have to start all over again.

I went to school on SSDI but I never got reviewed so I don’t know the answer to that. I went off of SSDI and went back to work though so you can make progress.

Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Thank you TomCat!

1 Like

https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/get-disability-and-go-to-school.html

It comes from a disability lawyer’s website.

1 Like

Here is another one I found just be googling the subject.

1 Like

You could use your ticket to work at Voc Rehab. They might pay for schooling. If your making progress towards degree they won’t review you. The problem is they probably expect you to work when you complete it. You would have to contact voc rehab for more information.

1 Like

It doesn’t affect your SSDI.

1 Like

Is there not an official phone number u cn call.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.