Trying out more "out there" supplements

I ordered 4’-DMA-7,8-Dihydroxyflavone and Cognance Enhanced Bacopa Capsules. These are on top of other supplements I already take (NAC, Sarcosine, pregnenolone, etc). They probably won’t do anything, but I’m bored. And have nothing else to spend my money on since I don’t enjoy anything anyways.

1 Like

I had a lot of luck with lion’s mane.

Did you talk to your doctor first? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Taking too many supplements can be downright dangerous

Speak with your doctor first

4 Likes

I’m taking that right now. Not sure I notice anything from it yet. We’ll see.

I get the whole “talk to your doctor first”, but most doctors know nothing about supplements. So I’m sorry, but… I’m taking my own calculated risks. I understand the concern though, believe me. The main concern of taking supplements is mostly if they can impact your liver, and the fact some supplement manufacturers are shady with what they put in their supplements (fillers etc).

2 Likes

I mean, I might talk to my doctor about it. But most supplements imo are pretty benign.

1 Like

That’s a neuro steroid, so do your research on that.

1 Like

I noticed a significant reduction in anxiety
I need to start it again. My husband had a reduction in chronic pain

I know. There’s research that it helps with schizophrenia. But it’s an nmda recptor agonist, just like sarcosine is. I don’t take sarcosine and pregnenolone at the same time though, I normally just cycle them. Since I assume taking them together would be overkill (or possibly even bad).

1 Like

That’s good. I hope to see a benefit from it soon.

1 Like

BDNF(brain derived neurotropic factor) supplements like Bacopa can be good to take since it basically counters cognitive decline, which can be especially important when taking AP’s.

I’m currently taking Bacopa extract and reservatrol in this aspect.

1 Like

I didn’t … but ashwagandha was effective to make me relax and sleep

2 Likes

Look into piracetam. I had some noopept that I happened to take before I was diagnosed, helped me feel more mentally resilient. Along with Lion’s mane, ashwagandha, and BDNF supplements they will introduce you to Nootropics.

New user, can’t post links. Search for “Piracetam Schizophrenia” in Google or Bing. Hopefully someone else can link the studies that have been conducted in conjunction with antipsychotics. I was surprised. Piracetam has been used to treat Alzheimer’s as well, biotech nerds use it to enhance cognition and studying ability. There are tons of other supplements as well.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I thought they made piracetam basically impossible to buy since they classified it as a drug… Is that not true? Are there still places I could buy it? And I know about bdnf. That’s why I’m taking lion’s mane and pregnenolone. Also, excercise is supposed to increase bdnf. But I haven’t felt up for running much, but I need to start doing it.

1 Like

And also, the problem with bdnf, is that it basically only affects the hippocampus. Which the hippocampus is effected in schizophrenia. Hippocampus is important for memory. But there are other brain regions I wish it targeted. Specifically the frontal lobe. There doesn’t seem to be any feasible way to increase neurogenesis in the frontal lobe, at least currently. And I think that’s what they need to figure out to get closer to a “cure” for this illness.

1 Like

My doctor knows alot about supplements and he will tell you when he doesnt its worth asking imo

Personally, I’ve been using Noopept. Nootropicsdepot has a store, I’ve been using them for years. There’s some Piracetam and Noopept on Amazon right now, but I can’t vouch for those varieties. Piracetam itself is still legal, though it’s been harder to find lately. Still unscheduled in the US as far as I know. Did something change?

1 Like

If you look at the hormone cascades then you can see pregnenolone actually has a lot of effects. What dosage are you taking?

Bupropion is the only thing I could wholeheartedly recommend other then NAC

If you are looking for something interesting to try then memantine is probably one of the most promising.

2 Likes