Trigger alcohol I want to want to want to

Most of the AA members who play with these find they lead to a slip or multiple slips. They eventually learn to avoid them.

2 Likes

All I can say is if you drink there likely goes your diet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Alcohol makes me feel like ■■■■, tired and depressed and dizzy.

Please don’t do it. It is just a temporary fix :turkey::turkey::turkey:

Lol this too

Yea alcohol has lots of calories.

2 Likes

Yah and you need to buy junk food after
from restaurants

1 Like

Yea me too, when I drink a lot my behavior becomes inappropriate and I get bad thoughts. Makes me feel stupid. Rarely I drink 1 5% beer or half a glass of wine, nothing more but I am not alcoholic alcoholics should avoid alcohol even a tiny drop as they have no self control and are impulsive.

1 Like

Alcohol suppress your social inhibitions its why alcoholics have inappropriate behaviors.

1 Like

i don’t know i don’t like to binge drink, i find when i drink too much alcohol that alcohol is way overrated, it just makes me sick, no positives, but then again if i have a couple drinks, im ok, dose is important. but i know if i have too much that i would rather have an alternative to alcohol. i used to drink a lot in my 20’s, i turned out ok, unemployed schizophrenic, supported by govt and parents haha, no ambitions, single, no kids haha. anyways i don’t drink much anymore in my 30’s a couple glasses of red wine a week on average.

I know that craving. But for me it makes everything worse. I get even more anxiety, more trouble with socializing and I don’t sleep well if I’ve been drinking.
And as somebody all ready said it doesn’t go together well with the meds.

1 Like

I’ll crave having a can of beer once in a while but I never cave in.

I’m afraid to drink alcohol with my meds.

Bad things can happen.

My doctor told me that having a glass of wine is fine. As long as you don’t get drunk. And probually depends on what meds you’re on, hope that helps @Zoe

And I tried to uhhh do something bad with vodka not too long ago. It caused some mental breakdown issues but it didn’t do anything permanent. Not saying do that in fact please don’t. But just getting that off my chest honestly

My doctor was fine with me having two pints a month

1 Like

I’ve never been that big on alcohol. I used to drink on the weekends in my 20’s but that was about it. I never drank because I enjoyed alcohol. I drank to get drunk and have fun on the weekends so it has never been an issue for me because I do not enjoy the taste of alcohol nor enjoy drinking it with meals, etc. And since I no longer “party”, I have no reason to consume.

1 Like

Same here.
I was never big on booze or drugs.

1 Like

Alcohol always seems like a good idea at the beginning, but half the time I end up feeling so sick I genuinely regret it. My stomach is just not made of iron.

1 Like

Wine gave me terrible headaches

Tbh

My main concern is that drinking a bottle of red wine will make me relapse