Trick or treat anxiety

With Halloween coming on Wednesday I am getting paranoid and anxious about kids coming to my door. I do have one technique that does help though. Put an empty bowl on the porch with a sign that says “please take one”. Keep the lights off, with the bowl empty, they usually leave. But even with that technique I still get a ton of paranoia and anxiety.

5 Likes

That’s a clever technique.

2 Likes

You should dress up as a scarecrow and hold the candy. When the kids try to take one you should scare the crap out of them.

1 Like

I’m the same way on Halloween.
I get very paranoid.
My father greets the trick or treaters.

1 Like

If you leave your porch light off kids know not to come to your house :house_with_garden:

1 Like

I keep most of the lights off and ignore knocks. I have nothing against kids trick-or-treating but I don’t owe them anything. If I don’t open the door it’s not going to wreck their night, they’ll just keep on going to the next house.

1 Like

I’ll just give em candy, I love Halloween! Fun sized sealed versions of good candy, of which I will eat all the leftovers.

This crap has become a tradition in my country as well. I hate it. I dont open the door, I think its a bad thing. One year I got egged.

2 Likes

You only get egged if you dont give candy.

1 Like

I like Halloween and like to see the kids dressed up but I don’t expect many trick or treaters. We just moved into the neighborhood and I haven’t seen many kids. Mostly older couples.

Yeah. That happens too

Are you kidding? Older folks are the ones who give out the candy. I always took my daughter to the “good” neighborhoods

Well I will find out tomorrow. I have some candy and will buy some more.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I hid inside with the lights off and pretend i’m not home. We don’t get many trick or treaters in my neighborhood but i still have high anxiety.

1 Like

I just put a sign on my door, saying CCTV . NO TRICK OR TREATERS. And if someone decides to egg my flat or whatever - i will be straight onto the police with a print-out of their mugshot. Its a tradition i despise.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.