Today I took Abilify 15 mg for the first time and my delusions are almost gone but I am unable to sleep

Today I took Abilify 15 mg for the first time and my delusions are almost gone but I am unable to sleep.

Today in India is Independence Day, August 15th. And I thought pharmacy shops will be closed but they are open and I bought Abilify 15 mg and used 1 tablet at night and my delusions magically lowered as if I don’t have any and I feel like something positive is happening inside my head but I’m unable to sleep. For 15 long years I didn’t know Abilify and my Pdoc didn’t recommend it. What a shame… I was a loser only because I didn’t use Abilify.

3 Likes

I couldn’t sleep on ability or without meds I don’t think it’s the med cus I took 4x20 to try and sleep and it worked try taking it in the mornings or get sleeping pills

1 Like

Congrats on the delusions being gone!! I take abilify 20 but I sleep fine.

1 Like

thats really great you have found a med that helps, hope you can afford it and maybe the sleep just needs time to get use to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon93437440 way12go this insomnia will last for 2-3 weeks then it will normalise,

you will need to add Ativan 2,5 mg to sleep the first weeks if you can get that medication or any sleep aid medicine, but i don’t recommend trazodone because it can trigger mania and other serious side effects if you suffer from paranoia etc

2 Likes

i take abilify for 8 years now

1 Like

On the topic of abilfy did you have any negative symptoms cleared up like say, alogia if there was some negative symtoms you had.

On the same, can’t stop sleeping

At first I thought my positive symptoms are gone but they didn’t and I was like so disturbed all because I couldn’t sleep. I was wondering is this delusions became a habit of mine or the anti psychotic needs time…

1 Like

abilify needs 2-3 weeks time for mania or delusions to get the f*** away

i recommend you take ativan or a a sleeping pill for those weeks to cope with that @anon93437440

1 Like

Yes, they do! I started Abilify back in like 2008 or 2009. It took a few weeks to kill the hallucinations, a little longer for the voices, and a number of months for paranoia and delusions…but I’ve been on Abilify pretty much consistently since that time and I haven’t had a major episode (i.e. hearing voices again) since that time! It really cleared up my mind, now I can work on negative symptoms like lack of concentration (I take sarcosine).

Because of Abilify and a support system, I went back to community college, transferred to the University, and earned my Bachelor’s and Master’s degree! I credit being determined, stubborn, and willing to take Abilify every day for like ten years as the reason behind my academic success.

I’m happy that your delusions are going away! :smiley:

2 Likes

In order to sleep I took 80 mg Ziprasidone and I slept like a baby. I ordered Melatonin and it should arrive in 5-7 days and L-theanine should arive in 10 days so within next few days my problems with sleep and positive symptoms will be tackled and I will be on Abilify for it to take its time and help me out as you rightly suggested.

Thanks a lot. Without your help I would find myself confused. Thanks again.

1 Like

I’ve been on abilify for about 4 years now. I had insomnia until I started taking another medicine to help me sleep. I thought I was sleeping like 15 hours a day, but then I realized that I was just passed out but not really sleeping, and had huge circles under my eyes for a very long time until I started taking mirtazapine. Now I actually get some sleep, but I’m still drowsy, but not as much as I was before.

1 Like

L-theanine and Melotonin are both good for Schizophrenia+Sleep and I ordered both. Waiting for them.

I respond well with Abilify. There is a new drug out called Saphris . It is a sublingual tablet twice a day. You may want to try this instead. I think it is slightly more expensive than Abilify. You might also have to keep it in the refrigerator since you are in such a hot climate. Abilify is one of those drugs that can cause insomnia. Just to let you know I am not a doctor just a very successful psych pt. hope this helps. Goog luck.

1 Like

I’d take insomnia over delusions anyday. Be thankful.