Those in US: How do you get healthcare? Anonymous

People like Buffet and Elon Musk pay zero tax. It is as great as it gets for the rich.

I use the VA. Really good care and free. I do have Medicare and Tricare for life though.

1 Like

Yeah, if I could get medicare, then I could perhaps start a bussiness there.

The issue is that I applied for SSDI benefits. But, they denied - they said you are too educated to not work.

I’ve never understood if once you get on Medicare if you can keep it for life,
or does it always still depend upon your income.
maybe you can ask them when you get on it,

and pick up your phone, cuz if you call them, you’ll be waiting over a half hour.
In U.S. I’m on United, a great plan with many perks.

With SZ it takes a few times to appeal. My husband is a Social Worker - His best friend is a American disability judge in New Jersey and decides on appeals said it really depends on so many things, including the judge you get. A lot of medical documentation and work history.

1 Like

Income…. They check every year. You don’t get SSA letters? @Daze

no I don’t. I’m not abusing the system though.

What statement.

That the new rich show off their money and old money dont

I guess its completely my own point of view. I am also in CA and I see a lot of people go from poverty to super wealth around here.

I’m thinking that I can keep my Medicare, as long as I’m disabled.

They made me do a review, and Yes, I’m still disabled.

you can try to tell me health insurance is based on income,
but I really don’t think so.

If you didn’t have a job and were not on SSDI - you won’t qualify.

What?? it’s exactly opposite.

I’ve had Medicare since 2005, and I’ve never lost it.

I shouldn’t be talking like I know how everything works.

I suppose if you get SSI for three years you qualify.

I went back on disability, SSDI, but even when I was off of it, and working my ass off,
I still had Medicare, plus my employer insurance.

my kids got Hawk-I in my state, no questions asked about not putting on my employer insurance. 20 bucks a month.
big runaround though, had to get a referral to each doctor.
and my kids have health problems.

I will never forget this. I still don’t know the whole story. But in the early 80s my mom was a single parent with 4 kids. She was working at a manufacturing plant, Sewing clothes graveyard shift. Also we put product in bags as a family kind of child labor. So she did not report to Welfare system or something and they said she abused the system. I was like 6 years old and I remember visiting her on womens weekend jail because she had to continue to work to support us. I also remember her taking us to the court house when she was sentenced. So yeah they take this really seriously.

1 Like

did you always want to grow up and be a social worker?

well, blessings to you!

[quote=“Kxev, post:1, topic:261513”]
but I will have to switch to Medicare soon because of SSDI.
Not really sure why I can’t stay on Medicaid. Or can I get both

You can get what’s called a spend down. When you spend the monthly amount that gets you into poverty you can have Medicaid cover the rest for that month