Those in US: How do you get healthcare? Anonymous

@Daze No my spouse was a Phd professor and graduate of social work -
no one else could be with or handle someone like me with SZ.
No I was got into a very superficial career path.

just not sure why you wanted to rag on your mother.

it seems petty.

1 Like

@CoCo I don’t know the answer. Cause if they switch me over to
Medi-care - there will be monthly premium + copays + drug cost. I think in July for me.
As with Medicaid - its zero out of pocket expense.

1 Like

Yes. I know. I’ve had both

no. zero co-pays, except maybe a small amount for drugs until when you meet the premium. the rest of the year, it’s free.

and occasionally I’m asked for a buck for a doctor visit. they usually say, just pay it some other time. I don’t carry much cash. too funny.

1 Like

@CoCo Thanks
Oh okay - I can relax now - I just get these letters saying stuff and its so hard for me to navigate.

1 Like

I don’t know - it was never a secret. But yeah the US is the land of opportunity cause she eventually started a sandwich shop.

1 Like

Yeah. I had Medicaid until I got my Ssdi . Then I switched to Medicare. But all people on Ssdi qualify for a Medicaid spend down. But you have to pay quite a lot of your income before it kicks in. And you have to apply for Medicaid every year. They’ll say no, but then they’ll say you qualify for the spend down

@Daze @CoCo Thanks for calming my nerves about this cause already my SNAP benefits got cut because SSDI increase 4.9% last month.

1 Like

that makes me sick to hear!! I thought benefits on food were going up.

1 Like

Yeah - when that happened I had a thread ranting about it a few weeks ago when the letter came. Like, why give me a COLA increase while inflation goes up and cut another benefit back. I mean okay I will manage with less but it makes no sense.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. Can you find some food pantries in your area?

1 Like

Yeah I been getting some basics like potatoes and produce already since last year. But lately there’s been shortages and shutdowns.

1 Like

@CoCo @Daze Thanks for hearing me out -
i didn’t mean to be complaining. I am grateful for what I have and get.

1 Like

That sucks. There are websites devoted to eating on a very small budget with recipe ideas and everything

1 Like

Hello, I read what people write and I’m shocked. I want to write like in Russia. We have free healthcare. The federal insurance system pays sick leave. This paper is issued by a doctor for admission to work. If you’re sick, you don’t go to work. Sick leave is an official release. The FSS pays the sick leave according to the average earnings of the employee. There are private clinics, but there is a fee, but you turn to their services when there is a queue for free services, such as ultrasound, X-rays or other procedures. The employee pays 13% of the payroll tax per month, the employer about 40% for each employee. Yes, there are tricks in this, but now is not about that. You can also return 13% of the amount of payment for private medical services. You need to write an application to the tax office and provide the necessary documents, which is simple. we have something like this.

2 Likes

I’m on Medicare and a medicaid called Ucare. Haven’t seen a bill in ten years. But somehow I feel once the covid situation has stabilized then I may have to kiss that Ucare goodbye when I need to start reporting again.

1 Like

@EldarfromRossia
Yeah - Hospitals and Healthcare providers are businesses here. They exit for profit. It is one of the few western nations to not have healthcare for all. I did not know Russia has it.

1 Like

@ThePickinSkunk Wow. I get letters constantly (that’s an exageration) from SSA. But its nerve wrecking to open. I feel like one day they are gonna say nope.

1 Like

In Russia, there is a lot of good things, but there are also bad things. I know that the ideal is not achievable. Opposition information channels say that life is better in the USA and European countries. But I know that in the USA I work as a welder, I would never buy an apartment without a mortgage, and even in the third largest metropolis.