This is my third thread about this, and I'm damn mad UPDATE!

A couple weeks ago, I had a MASSIVE seizure. The attending neurologist said my antipsychotics were to blame. This was my 5th or 6th seizure. So they yanked me off all my APs, and put me on Depakote, which can have nasty side effects. I’m seeing the neuro on Monday and demanding an appointment. I am pissed at both the neuro and pdoc for not working together. Today my psychotic symptoms came back. ■■■■ this ■■■■. Next up is a new neuro and pdoc!

1 Like

I am very sorry to hear this , alien99. Just be patient and clam down. This frustration and chaos will pass eventually. Hopefully the doctors will give you new diagnosis and treatment soon.

Thanks @green6, but after suffering for 20 years, I’m slightly pissed off. No one knows what’s whrong with me? Neurological, psychiatric, brain trauma (I’ve had 15 concussions)? I’m beyond frustrated.

I had a seizure when I was in a massive psychosis two years ago. At that time I did not take any antipsychotics. When the doctor put me on antipsychotics again in the hospital the seizure miraculously disappeared. So this is my experience that antipsychotics can stop seizure.

Good to know :smiley:

I am so sorry you are caught in this round about. I’m glad your getting new docs all the way. Clean slate.

I had to sign papers to let my pdoc and my physical health doc talk to each other. I also had to do that so my pdoc and my therapist could talk to each other. In fact, I had to sign a lot of papers so anyone could talk to anyone.

This patient privacy act gets a little out of hand at times. When you get new docs you might want to see if they have to get permission to work together. If they do… then that might help them get better answer for you…

Just something to keep in mind.

I am so sorry this is happening. I completely understand how angry you are. I really hope you get some answers soon.

2 Likes

I have to make sure that I signed these consent forms I want all of my doctors and therapist to be able to communicate with each other - many psychiatrists do not want to be bothered, I am noticing this

1 Like

I am so sorry you are going through this. It must be frustrating. Did the antipsychotics help your symptoms at all? If they did I wonder if maybe you do have some kind of mental illness in addition to the epilepsy. Your doctors really need to work together. Stay on them. That’s what I do with my doctors. Good luck and I hope you feel better. :sunny:

I was able to slip in and see a neuro/psych doctor today. He added a second anti-seizure med, and put me back on Prolixin. He was very apologetic for the standard of care I had received, and he said he was going to have me come back in 4 weeks and follow up.

I really hope they get the seizures under control. I assume you’re not able to drive at present? Still able to work?

10-96

@pixel Lost the job, can’t drive for 30 days seizure-free under meds. 12 months if not on meds. Sigh.

ETA: Just checked the Motor Vehicle Division’s website. I can apply for an exemption with a doctor’s note.

Ah, f#$*ing hell. I’m so sorry mate. I know how much both your wheels and your job meant to you. :frowning:

10-96

@pixel I don’t know if you missed it, but I can apply for an exemption with a doctor’s note.

@alien99 Saw the bit about the exemption, but is that a good idea? If they keep bolloxing up your DX, who is to say they will get meds right? Having a seizure while driving would be a horrible thing. Could also be fatal for yourself and others. Seems to me that this would be a good instance to practice some patience?

Not trying to be a downer, just something to consider I hope?

10-96