Doing really well

As some of you may recall, I had a MASSIVE grand mal seizure that was witnessed. I immediately went to the hospital where they game me 1000mg of Depakote. My attending doctor was a very sharp man, and he concluded that I have temporal lobe epilepsy, not sz. He even wrote a 90 day prescription for Depakote. When was the last time you heard of an ER doc giving a 90-day supply of meds? I’ve been off antipsychotics for 7days, and haven’t felt this good since I relapsed in 2008. I saw my PCP the next day, and he put me on Sinequan (doxepin). It’s an old tricyclic antidepressant with a three-pronged approach: it helps depression, anxiety, and promotes good, natural sleep. My PCP is going to crank up the dose in the coming weeks, 50 mg at a time.

So now for the big question: Do I stay here? My answer is a resounding YES! You guys have been there for me when I was down in the dumps or going through medication after medication. I don’t want to tell you all to ■■■■ off now that I’m better. I’ve made some good friends here, and I’m not the type of person to bail on my friends.

7 Likes

That’s awesome you’re doing so well! It’s awesome to read posts where the person is doing good. I never knew a seizure disorder could resemble sz. You must be so relieved. Now you can focus on what’s really going on and get better. I think because you’ve experienced psychosis in the past you have every right to be here. People post about everything going on in their lives and a lot of times it doesn’t have anything to do with sz. So I vote that you stay. You never know you may help someone that is going through the same thing you went through. :sunny:

1 Like

That’s a very positive attitude @SunGirl! Yes, I want to stay and help others. Thank you for the well-wishes and inviting attitude.

1 Like

I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy AND schizoaffective. For the TLE I take Topiramate and Lacosimate. For the schizoaffective I take clozapine, lurasidone and Haldol. It is a delicate balance. I was diagnosed with sz-a first, in 1997. Then, about a year ago, I started to have seizures. Now, I have seizures about once per month. When I first started having seizures it was a big mess deciding what to do with my psych meds.

I hope things work out for you.

Brooke

@anon40540444

This is great news for you. I’m sorry you had the grand mal seizure, but it got people finding different answers for you and now, you can get your life back on track. This is exciting times for you.

I’m also glad your staying. You’ve been pulled through the revolving door of AP meds, the doc’s, the blood test, the insurance forms, the stigma… You’re docs changed their approach, and you are free from all this mental chaos… you still have a lot of experience to give to people seeking help.

2 Likes

How wonderful to not be qualified to be here - lol. I, too, vote that we slip you under the rug.