More meds to take until infinity, but it's not all bad

I’ve traded infinite antipsychotics for infinite anticonvulsants. I am tolerating my Depakote very well, and I see no reason why it should not be part of the plan moving forward. Gone are the days of EPS, akathisia, tremors, and overwhelming, crushing sedation and mind-numbing. I am no longer on any antipsychotics.

I did well today. I went to a crowded mall with my wife and her coworker. Totally stressful normally, but not today. I tuned it all out. No one bumped into me enough to warrant me recoiling in fear. Instead I stood there and talked with the 2 women about shoes and makeup. Snore, I know. But the point is, I’m able to get out and be in public now. Even meeting this coworker proved to be easy. All the things we take for granted when we’re normal, and then lose to sz, some of those things are coming back to me now. And I am grateful. I feel like I can make real progress, and maybe this seizure yesterday in the wee hours of the morning, was just the catalyst I needed to get out there and participate in the real world. Maybe something as awful as a seizure is what it took for me to open my eyes, and get ready to face what’s out there. The world is a big place. And I can find my own little niche in it.

In closing, I just want to say how proud I am of the progress I’ve made. I have no voices, no delusions, and no silly brain. I want this to be the turning point, and from here, I can only go forward. Life as an epileptic can have its moments of turmoil, but nothing compared to what all of you (and me until a few days ago) had to go through.

I will stay here because no matter how far out there you guys get, you’re my online family, and I’m not ready to leave. Too many good people doing good things, and I’m not about to walk away from you all, when you were there for me through thick and thin.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

9 Likes

@anon40540444

This is very great news. You have come a long way in a short time. A mall, new people… and most of all, no more seizures.

As always, good luck with everything and I’m glad your here.

2 Likes

Thanks @SurprisedJ! I’m trading in my medical file with the pdoc, for one with a neurologist, and yes, I have a neuro already on board the “save alien99 ship.” Now that it’s been explained to me, and I’ve had some time to research, it looks like most, if not all, of my psychotic symptoms were caused by mindstorms created by epilepsy. The doc at the ER said it fits, and explains all my psychiatric symptoms. I’m glad to be here. If it wasn’t for the pdoc lowering my Thorazine, I would never have seized, and I could have been pulled back into the undertow. So in a eerie way, neuroleptic medication was able to give me my true diagnosis.

4 Likes

It’s odd how stuff works out that way. You just never know what the journey will uncover. I’m glad your getting some answers that make sense.

So happy for you-and I wish you luck.OOO

That’s great you’re doing so good! I can feel you smiling through the computer! I’m happy for you. It sounds like you found some much needed relief. Just a warning, I don’t mean to be a downer, but keep a close eye on your symptoms. In my early twenties I went off all of my meds, quit smoking, lost 80lbs, and was running. That lasted two years and then I crashed pretty hard. My point is stay optimistic, but realistic. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. :sunny:

This is really cool news alien - may you have continued success with the Depakote, its a really good med, I liked it a lot