Schizophrenia.com

My progress thus far

After the disastrous cross-titration between Saphris and Thorazine, I had a seizure where I hurt myself considerably. I told the doctor I was done with antipsychotics. He reluctantly agreed, seeing as to how I’ve literally been on every damn med out there. When I had the seizure, I went to the ER, and HE pulled me off my antipsychotics saying, after a full workup, I could probably get by without them. He discharged me on a 90-day supply of Depakote (since when does the ER give 90-day scripts?!?!), and some Vicodin to get past the dislocated shoulders.

Tonight has been a little weird for me. I haven’t slept because my body is expecting its next round of antipsychotics to knock me out. Not happening. I’ll sleep from exhaustion tonight. Trying to get my body back on a natural schedule.

The Depakote has been doing wonders for me, It’s the glue that’s holding the ship together. I just hope I can continue making strides and becoming less med-reliant.

Congratulation I hope you will success

I’ve found that I get a rebound effect when I come off an anti-psychoitic. I mowed the lawn yesterday, and the heat nearly kicked my ass, thanks to the anti-psych’s.

I can understand why you don’t want the antipsychotics anymore. Your situation sounds rough. Having seizures is very dangerous and probably scarier then anything. When I don’t sleep that’s always an indicator I’m not doing well. What about Trazodone for sleep? It didn’t really work for me but I know a lot of people use it. Hang in there! You’ll be alright! :sunny:

I am so glad the depakote is working for you. Sleep well.

@SunGirl, you know what the scariest thing about a seizure is? It’s waking up to seeing your friend/significant other in your face asking “Are you ok? Do you know where you are? Do you know what happened?” I say no, and she continues, “You had a seizure. Are you ok?” I take inventory of myself, and get accustomed to my surroundings. It’s the most dazzled I’ve ever felt. It’s like I just woke up from anesthesia. Scary stuff.