The Xmas meal thread

That looks amazing!! My partner and i don’t celebrate Christmas, but i hope you have a great day.

@shutterbug I made a pake before! I made a cherry pie and baked it into a chocolate cake.

This year we will have-

A veggie platter
Deviled eggs
Ham. My husband bought a whole ham.
Cardomomed sweet potato casserole
Mashed potatoes
Green bean casserole
Hawaiian rolls
2 pies

Also, leftover cheese balls and crackers, fudge, cookies, and Watergate salad- if any are left from Xmas Eve.

5 Likes

I did not realize maid rites was a chain! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

meatballs, ham, salmon and more. Some dessert.

4 Likes

My dinner on the 25th is just gonna be a simple half leg of lamb. And im gonna slice the rest up and put in tubs with a covering of mint sauce and bung in the freezer.

I will probably boil a gammon as well. But most of it will be frozen.

5 Likes

You can’t call it that! Doesn’t work. You need to call it piecaken. Then for dessert instead of saying RELEASE THE KRAKEN it’s RELEASE THE PIECAKEN!

What is a Hawaiian roll? You mugged one of the Obamas?

That’s exactly what we are doing, although I’m having vegan Wellington and there will be bacon wrapped stuffing balls too

3 Likes

Sounds Lovely :smiley:

Im sorta hoping my neighbour turns up for the company actually - or i would have just had a bacon and egg sandwich lol

3 Likes

Awhh, I hope you get some quality company Christmas day too. We’ve got a friend coming by so thankfully will be sharing our meal too. Do you like a curry? I’m going to be reserving some of the lamb for a passanda type dish.

2 Likes

I don’t think we’re really having any Christmas dinner or meal on the 25th…

But on the 26th if my brothers family and my sisters family come over, we’re gonna do a burger bar type thing… cheeseburgers with a bunch of different topping choices. Plus there will be appetizers or sides that my sister will be providing.

(We will see if everyone comes though cause it’s supposed to start snowing here the 25th😬)

4 Likes

I’m having chicken with apple sauce. But I want a piecaken now :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Just made this and stuffed it in the fridge to cool for this evening:

Will be noshing on this, pork pot stickers, and buffalo wings.

3 Likes

Prime rib, mashed potatoes, some kinda vegetables, homemade rolls. Traditional Christmas eve meal at my grandma’s

2 Likes

Sounds pretty close to what I’m making tomorrow. I’m putting a chuck roast in the sous vide today at 4 pm and will pull it out tomorrow at 4 pm. It will have the texture of prime rib, but still be medium rare. Also having mashed taters, sous vide carrots, and mixed roasted cauliflower and peppers. I’ll probably make some buns tonight.

3 Likes

Man that sounds amazing. Sous vide will be next level! I’ve always wanted to get/try one.

On our day after xmas party, I’m sure my sister will have a charcuterie board, and some other snacks or appetizers. For dinner, we’re going to have lasagna (I don’t know what sides/veggies.) And I’m baking the cookies for dessert.

3 Likes

All I’m having is a turkey sandwich TV dinner, as I’m not any good at cooking stuff.

1 Like

Got all of the food ready for tonight, just have to start pounding it through at 5 pm. Final menu is:

• Buffalo wings
  • BBQ wings
  • Pork potstickers
  • Sweet potato fries
  • Nacho dip
  • Sliced cucumber so we can pretend the meal is healthy
  • Assorted fruit tray
  • Shirley Temples on tap to drink
3 Likes

I’m having this tonight!
It’s delicious!

4 Likes

My piecaken is in the oven. It’s not going to be the prettiest as the pie came apart while I was putting it inside the springform pan, but… It’s a success any time the first attempt at a recipe is edible.

Hope this is an epic win and not an epic fail.

1 Like