Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Crescent rolls
Cranberry sauce
Peas and carrots
Hot apple pie ala mode

What are you having?

7 Likes

Wow @Leaf! For a less pressured Christmas, you are going all out for a meal! Is cooking relaxing for you? I used to do it more, but I have some cognitive trouble now and I cannot follow a recipe easily. We’re eating at my parents’, and my mom will make the food.

5 Likes

Sounds good.

We have a cousin’s partner coming over to bar b que. He’s a sheet metal worker and builds high end bar b ques in his spare time. No gas. Just wood fired and he’s bringing one over to give us food. All I know is it’s meat and he’s a nutter! Brews his own beer with elderberries and stuff…love the man and looking forward to what is presented.

Usually we just do chicken, ham ( hot ), prawns and salads. It’s a hot xmas so you don’t want too many hot and other foods.

But this year…IT’s Meat!!

6 Likes

lol yes I guess I do find cooking enjoyable. I figured I was getting off easy this year because it’s just the turkey breast and not the whole bird. And I can have my son help peel potatoes and the stuffing is Stove Top and the crescent rolls are premade as well as the pie. It’s really all easy stuff just a little harder than a regular dinner.

2 Likes

Meat and rice rolls with steamed cabbage and maize bread. (Sarmale cu varză şi mămăligă) :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Romanian style. In Ardeal we don’t eat so much mămăligă. At least not my town. You’re from Oltenia? Or Dobrogea?

2 Likes

My family is not traditional unfortunately, so we’ll probably have a indian curry feast. I do like a traditional Christmas dinner…might have to go to a pub to get some.

3 Likes

your meals sound good

I’m picking up a breakfast pizza at Travel Mart

here in town

a large is only 8 dollars

not sure what Phil is going to make us.

3 Likes

I’m from Muntenia :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Roast turkey
Stuffing
Smoked pork tenderloin
Applesauce from smoked apples
Mashed potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes
Roasted beets
Roasted brussel sprouts with parm cheese and bacon
Roasted carrots
Baked stuffed mushroom caps
Scratch made cranberry sauce
Cranberry orange spice cake
Cranberry/orange swirl ice cream

4 Likes

I’d give a kidney to try some of that :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s the recipe:

I’ll PM you the mailing address for the kidney, I’m needing a fresh one for my body parts collection. Please pack it in lots of ice.

:blush:

2 Likes

Um… actually I might need dialysis soon as I haven’t peed normally for a couple weeks and when I do urinate, it’s red and has the texture of grinded (ground?) bricks.
But if you insist…

Egad. I do hope you’re not serious?!?

1 Like

Of course I’m just kidneying around :rofl:

2 Likes

Cheeky bugger. Give back my cake recipe.

1 Like

Here you go.

https://goo.gl/images/CMaAxD

1 Like

In this year I decided to keep my Christmas meals simple, different types of pizzas, nothing special, I like Christmas. Just had my first Christmas pizza, tuna fish pizza.

2 Likes

I can honestly say i’ve never had tuna fish pizza.

Tuna fish pizza is good, try sometimes. I had tuna fish pizza and orange juice, went to the store today to get my Christmas meals.

2 Likes