So ugh…… what are you eating for Christmas?

We’re having a Christmas Eve dinner…

Honey ham, green bean casserole, rolls and corn on the cob.

For dessert we’re gonna have a Reese’s coffee cake.

Not too extravagant…. We don’t have a lot of extra money to spend this year, but that’s okay, we’re making it work :slightly_smiling_face:

What about y’all? Got any food plans?

12 Likes

sorry you’re struggling. my sister is serving the annual prime rib dinner at her house…about three prime ribs feed us all.

5 Likes

My sister is hosting Christmas.

We’re hosting Christmas Eve. We’re having ham, Hawaiian rolls baked, au gratin potatoes, Cranberry bacon green beans, pistachio fluff and my aunt is bringing chocolate French silk pie.

5 Likes

Chicken instead of Turkey, maybe some ham,

I’m having a double feast with our new year steak pie on Friday as well.

4 Likes

Woah!

Sounds like it’ll be a good ol time :slightly_smiling_face:

Enjoy!

@jukebox

2 Likes

Sounds very good @SpringRose

Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas

2 Likes

Right on! @Resilient1

:grinning:

2 Likes

Today I had “Christmas” dinner at my clubhouse, but on Christmas Day I’m ordering a Domino’s pizza. I’m getting a deep dish with mushrooms, spinach, and pepperoni. I’m going to pig out with my dog!

10 Likes

I’m getting mine at my Clubhouse too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Traditional turkey meal on Xmas day I think. Not sure if the family is staying here or running off for the parent emergency du jour. I think Xmas Eve will just be fruit, cheese, and crackers.

8 Likes

Thank you! Your food sounds good too. We’re making a new green bean recipe because we had green bean casserole for Thanksgiving.

4 Likes

That all sounds good @Human…We might make seafood. I’m not sure yet.

5 Likes

I bought a two pound boneless leg of lamb roast. I’ll have that, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and mixed vegetables.

9 Likes

My family didnt want to cook so we are having cheese and crackers

5 Likes

I dunno but im a bit peckish right now from reading these comments!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone! :hearts:

I think Mamacita might throw together a turkey this year. I’m not too sure though. We typically have a dinner though.

7 Likes

I ate the first of two Christmas meals today. It was fried catfish, fried chicken, cole slaw, Mac and cheese, fried okra, fries, and dipping sauces. My mom picked it up at a local eatery place that makes food like that. It was really good. Had some chocolate pie. My pumpkin pie didn’t turn out and my banana cream pie hadn’t thawed. Luckily my sister brought the chocolate. I have two other pies for the 25th. Regular ham and stuff that day.

7 Likes

No big dinners this year. We’re going to have pastry puff things for brunch. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ham, sausages, casseroles, smoked salmon and potatoes.

3 Likes

For the first time ever, we are having prime rib for christmas. I’m teaching my son how to cook it. We are making roast potatoes, gravy, celery, onions and carrots to go with. I’m very excited.

Since my surgery, eating has been awful. Foods I used to love my body won’t accept now. I’m having to relearn myself. I’m actually excited to try this.

8 Likes