Schizophrenia.com

The universe must want me to read this book

So I found this discarded book on my walk today. I have not read it yet. Have you read this? Reviews anyone?

6 Likes

Paging @Jimbob !

1 Like

That’s a classic Vonnegut book! I love it. It’s sort of tragic and funny at the same time.

3 Likes

Ok I will crack it open and read it! Thank you @Montezuma and @everhopeful!

2 Likes

You welcome! :blush: Let us know what you thought of it when you’re finished. If I recall correctly it’s a fairly short read.

1 Like

Yeah, I read it. It’s a good book and kind of a cult classic. Vonnegut was kind of in that twilight world between being mainstream and being a little bit on the outside. They made a movie out of that book by the way.

4 Likes

Vonnegut is well known. You could consider yourself an accomplished reader if you read it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, the authors son got diagnosed with schizophrenia and wrote a book about his experience with it. He recovered enough to become some kind of teacher. His diagnosis was later changed to bi-polar.

4 Likes

So it goes…Or so says the author.

2 Likes

I read it. What a great book! Can’t remember much and I can’t claim to understand it due to my brain/

1 Like

Wow that is interesting @77nick77!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.