The Thread for People Who Have Given Up on Losing Weight

■■■■ it. It’s impossible to do on APs. Drink some sprite and eat some potato chips.

6 Likes

Hey! A weight loss thread for me !

I’ve tried everything to lose weight including seeing a dietician for a year.

I’ve given up. Well for now at least.

4 Likes

I have spent way too long obsessed with numbers on a scale. 2019 is all about loving myself for who I am. I eat healthy, I have good bloodwork. I’ll never be a skinny person and I am done trying.

7 Likes

well I gave up on losing weight and then I became poor enough that I never eat much daily which is a blessing in disguise, because I am 10 pounds away from being under 200 lbs…how do I do it? replacing meals with frozen dinners, eating baked potatoes (with butter sour cream and cheese)…hot dogs…chimichangas…pan lasagna once a month. I’ve lost over 65 pounds in two years…doing well…don’t give up…eat on a small saucer one or two plates a meal…but no more…and drink lots of water…like four glasses of water a day.

2 Likes

haha. I stopped worrying about my weight. I’ve put on some weight in the winter.

have stopped counting calories, im just trying to change my body composition.

I enjoy exercise though, its one of the best things I do all day.

my nurse says im really healthy. so that’s good enough for me.

2 Likes

Yes, I have just about given up on losing weight. Am concentrating on just trying to maintain the weight I am at now.

3 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::smile::smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: sounds like my kind of humor

1 Like

I give up caring, I’m not that bad really, just need to try not to get much heavier

2 Likes

This more sounds like the lazy thread

1 Like

I’ve read recently that drinking lots of water is the key to increasing your metabolism by 30%! I read that on a MyFitnessPal.com blog.

2 Likes

I haven’t given up on losing weight. I have measuring bowls and I’m going to start measuring out my portions beginning tomorrow. That is my new strategy. I’m already on a downward trend on the scale. So, that is a good thing.

2 Likes

The majority of you don’t get the point and are putting goody goody advice on this thread. I’m so disappointed in…I’m just kidding. I still think about it sometimes. It’s just much less of a concern than it was.

3 Likes

I gave up, to many voices to care. If wasn’t for hearing voices I’d probably be in the best shape of my life.

1 Like

I used to use myfitnesspal before I started hearing voices

Yes, I must be very lazy. I ate decently and exercised moderately, and that was enough for me to lose weight. Then, the minute I was put on zyprexa, I began gaining weight, changing nothing about my diet and exercise schedule. And before that, I gained weight IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER MARCHING BAND because of lithium, and before that, I gained weight on zoloft during a period where I was just beginning to have psychotic symptoms, and I barely ate. But yes, you’re right. It’s not the meds, it’s my lack of fu cking willpower. Calling us lazy. Just because you didn’t gain any weight from meds doesn’t mean that none of us did.

4 Likes

When I was put on risperidone, I threw up almost everything I ate and STILL gained 40 lbs. I would say I’m living proof that weight gain from meds does not have very much to do with lack of willpower or self-control.

6 Likes

I come from a background where I make no excuses, no matter how hard it is. And yes I’ve gained 70 pounds, even while exercising. But that doesn’t mean I give up, that just means I go harder and better. Next time don’t jump down my throat.

Try going harder and better for ten+ years all while gaining weight while dieting and exercising throughout and then come back and tell me you aren’t ready to give up sometimes.

Give me a break. This isn’t a thread for you and it’s really shitty of you to come in here and call people lazy.

2 Likes

Giving up is lazy

No sir. You chose to come onto this thread and call people lazy, people who are fighting hard to stay as healthy as possible, people fighting avolition, depression, paranoia, increased appetite, and that’s just the stuff related to sz and sza.

Don’t get me wrong. You fighting to keep yourself healthy is awesome, your success commendable, but don’t act like you’re better than any of us because we aren’t able to boast about our own success. You are no better than me. You are no better than anyone here.

Why don’t you wait until your metabolism slows due to years of being on psych meds, then come back to this thread and see how you feel about laziness?

1 Like