The Thread for People Who Have Given Up on Losing Weight

I don’t think I’m better than anyone, but giving up is being lazy.And people don’t want to admit it

Please talk to me like an adult @LED

You’re not an adult. And I am talking to you like an adult.

Cussing me out won’t do anything.

I’m not cussing you out. Grow up.

You literally just said, “bleep you”

No, I said ■■■■ you. Because I’m not a child.

Well it said it’s beeped out whatever you’re trying to say

If you’re not smart enough to figure it out you’re only proving my point.

Whatever i can’t argue with you

I’ll jump on this bandwagon. I started showing signs of psychosis in 8th grade. Still graduated high school, even though I missed the entire first half of the first semester of senior year because I was inpatient, and graduated 17th in my class. Graduated with honors.

1 Like

Yes, I was in a bad place then, thinking of quitting , but I didn’t that’s what’s important. Now why don’t you refrain from cussing at me

Sorry. I curse when I get heated. I’ll refrain.

Either way, you said that only 2 months ago. Things have changed since then? You just randomly decided to ride out the remaining year and a half of high school?

So what you’re saying is that your thoughts of quitting didn’t count because you were in a bad place? Plenty of people here are “in a bad place.” They’re lazy because they decided they want to quit, but you? No, you can’t be lazy for wanting to quit.

My point is not that people should just give up on trying to be healthy. What I’m saying is that it’s not laziness driving us to quit, but sheer frustration, anger, and stress.

1 Like

hmmm…I think John Raven listens to death metal because he likes to call people lazy other than himself…boo booo booooooooo…

1 Like

Yes, I am in a better place now. Much better. And I shouldn’t have ever dwelled on those thoughts. And fine, I’ll take anger and frustration as a part of wanting to give up. But that still doesn’t mean you do give up. And now lets stop arguing like children and call it a night.

you can’t just stop this thread now…I’m just getting started…I don’t trust you now @John_Raven

When did you ever trust me?

I just got into my dream school. I go full time, even though a lot of my classes are online. The stress is making me see spiders all over my body. I’m getting straight A’s. I think we are anything but lazy.

1 Like

I think you’re misunderstanding my anger here.

If you had just said that or something like it (“giving up is never the way,” or “don’t give up, keep trying”), we wouldn’t be having this conversation. The problem is that, instead of coming into this thread to motivate and encourage people, you came to insult those who are close to giving up and those who already have given up. That’s not in the spirit of this forum and it’s not helpful in the slightest.

That said, it was wrong of me to curse at you the way I did. That also was not in the spirit of this forum. I deeply apologize, and in the future, I will work harder to control my anger. On that note, I wish you well, I (still) love you (and everyone else here too), and goodnight.

edit: Just wanted to say, I’m so glad you’re doing better. I mean that. I hope you’re losing weight and getting healthier if that’s what you desire. And really, if you’re on meds that work, high school will be a breeze (you don’t appear to have avolition as a negative, and your cognitive symptoms will likely remain mild as your brain hasn’t been too terribly damaged). If going to college is your plan, make sure you take a few solid classes that you can do well and work hard in so that you can have some good recommendation letters. Maybe take a couple of AP classes if you’re up to it, as it will help you be more prepared for college. Okay now I’m done.

Well, I have just about given up trying to lose weight. All I’m doing right now is counting calories, and trying not to eat anymore than 1500-2000 calories a day, which is supposed to give me a 1 to 2 lbs weight loss a week. I’m having to do this because my clothes are getting too tight.