The relationship between paranoia and anxiety

Any one have a cycle of anxiety feeding their paranoia, and then their paranoia feeding their anxiety?

It’s a ■■■■■■■ nightmare!

Really need to work out how to stop it, as it’s really getting on my nerves - and it’s affecting my mood now too

3 Likes

I used to struggle with this a lot and still do sometimes… I’m sorry you’re having such a rough time of it lately Joker

Are you able to acknowledge or name to yourself the things that are causing you anxiety? I find that often it helps stave off the paranoia a little to identify what’s causing me anxiety and try to seek out reassurance, whether it’s through educating myself about a concept, asking someone trustworthy to listen to what I’m anxious about and give an outside perspective, or calling a mental health helpline to ask what to do (usually I’d do this when the anxiety’s just starting to boil over into paranoia)

Not really. Sometimes a few days after an attack like event, I think about it and I know what caused it.

But in the moment, it just gets completely out of control.

I do the same. It does seem to help. Don’t like bothering too much, but it’s better than letting it get out of hand

1 Like

I can relate especially with recent dose reductions. I have high anxiety from it which when I’m tired feeds into mild paranoia like thinking people are sending me signals. I isolate. Then it’s like anxiety-provoking getting back into public again.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have this problem also.

Do you take any long term anxiety meds?

They put me on Pregabalin in 2018, and back then I could not go out anywhere without extreme anxiety

Wonder if it’s the same without it now it’s nearly 2023

Most of my anxiety has been from recent dose reductions so haven’t been on anything long term. I asked for pregabalin though but I don’t think my doc wanted me on an opioid. Instead, I’ve been taking prescription lavender oil called silexan. It got me out of my room and hanging out with my family today. Also, sorry you deal with this tough combo.

1 Like

There’s an app called dare that has been a massive help for me. The material gets a little repetitive so i wouldn’t recommend buying the full app (there’s a nice sample section that has the core ideas in it) also they guy who narrates it is kinda soft which I could see being annoying for some but again for me it’s been a godsend.

I used to have that but it’s gotten better over the years

Anxiety causes paranoia and hallucinations for me and vice versa.

It’s usually that anxiety causes my paranoia. That’s been really cut down on Buspirone.

Yes, I’ve found that anxiety and symptoms go hand in hand. They are related. Taking an anxiety med reduces all my symptoms. At night when I’m trying to fall asleep and the voices are hitting hard I find taking an anxiety med helps with the voices tremendously and helps me sleep. It slows my mind down even more then my schizophrenia meds, helps me sleep and all symptoms reduce. This is just what I’ve experienced and probably won’t work for everyone. But yea anxiety and symptoms go hand in hand for me.

1 Like

Hi, I’m paranoid and anxious all day and have yet to find something to really cope. I’ve read that being in that state all the time can cause heart conditions. What have you done to cope besides meds.

1 Like

I used to be really paranoid. I was afraid to talk. Don’t know if I really had alogia. I just thought my house and everything else was bugged.

One night my wife shoved a Xanax down my throat. I was freaking out. I calmed down and went to sleep with no problem.

I went to urgent care the next day and they gave me 5 pills.

I went and saw my shrink and got a prescription.

This was after 7 years of severe paranoia. Xanax is a miracle drug. Been on it ever since. But don’t need it nearly as often anymore.

Only wish I would have found it sooner.

1 Like

My wife actually tried to give me a Xanax on more than numerous occasions. Problem was I thought she was in on the conspiracy against me with the government.

I was in the Marines and afterwards I thought they would give me a pee test and prosecute me for illegal drug use.

Turns out she probably wasn’t in on it. I was just bat ■■■■ crazy.

Those weren’t good times. If I could go back I would certainly change a few things but things really sucked then so I don’t think I would ever go back.

Whenever I start a fight with IRGC and enforce my power against them I get into paranoia trap which is quite bizzar, becaus it changes as I move my place or going to PD without taking any medicine. Only PD visit will vanish them. I think they consider me as mentally ill and give up on me.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.