I think I suffer from mild paranoia but didn't realise it

I’m diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia so that should have been a clue.

I had mega paranoia but abilify has done a good job with that.

However I’m left with a subtle feeling that something bad could happen at any moment. And that feeling is constant.

Is that actually paranoia or something else?

3 Likes

It sounds like anxiety to me.

4 Likes

Fear of impending doom?

3 Likes

Maybe that’s it. :thinking: Very good point. It’s a struggle to keep my anxiety under control. It’s possible that’s what causing it.

1 Like

It’s more “if something can go wrong it will”. Then I end up thinking about what could go wrong.

But it’s just something that I’ve noticed in myself.

2 Likes

Abilify made me anxious sometimes.

1 Like

When my anxiety gets extreme, then that’s when the real paranoia sets in. It’s like a scale for me. But yeah, I wish I could somehow stamp out that residual feeling of uneasiness too.

Does anything help or is it just all the time?

1 Like

Yes. I’m taking all kinds of supplements to keep abilify anxiety manageable. I’m just wondering now if it’s enough…

I’ve just realised that it’s all the time. But it’s subtle. But you could definitely be onto something with the anxiety angle.

1 Like

Yea sounds like anxiety.

1 Like

I had anxiety before exams in university. I study well then I get the feeling that that’s not enough and that I will fail no matter how much I study. It hurt my grades really bad.

1 Like

I still get subtle paranoia especially if tired and stressed. I start to second guess things and chase shadows as I like to say. It doesn’t rule my life anymore but I’m watchful for that sort of behavior.

1 Like

Yes that’s the kind of thinking I do.

1 Like

Now that I’m aware of it hopefully I can get a grip on it too. But yeah, like you said second guessing plus also a bit of catastrophic thinking.

1 Like

Yes @everhopeful, subtle constant anxiety on what could happen, I have this too, and I’m on abilify. Especially regarding my health. If I wasn’t on abilify I don’t think I’d experience that same level of anxiety

1 Like

@everhopeful so you meant all your paranoia is totally gone and what’s left is that things will turn bad or end badly although it might not?

1 Like

I am like that too, constantly on edge.
With me its a mixture of anxiety and mild paranoia.
The more I’m under stress the more paranoid I’ll become.

1 Like

Yes that’s pretty much it.

I have doomsday anxiety, not an official diagnosis but it sums up my experience with anxiety. Its a bit different from paranoia, being that the latter is more targeted towards a belief and anxiety is more of a feeling.

I constantly feel like something catastrophic is right around the corner, but when Im actively paranoid I’m prepping for it because I feel as though I know its coming. I dont mean prepping as in the ones you see on nat geo getting ready for a power grid failure, but more emotionally prepping thay I may lose someone because I know something bad has happened to them. I can tell when it is anxiety because I recognize that it isn’t likely that it will happen. I guess for me my paranoia feels more like a certainty if that makes sense.

Disclaimer: This is just a summary of my personal experience and is not meant to give an accurate description of either symptoms.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.