The psychotropic effect of vitamin D supplementation on schizophrenia symptoms

I’m taking 600iu vitamin d a day, but haven’t noticed any difference.

11 Likes

I supplement too, I’ve had work and my tests always came back low. GP told me to start dosing with 50kIU once a week. Ten pills 5k’s

All my test have come back within acceptable ranges since starting.

I find it helped most with mood and energy levels. Keeping those feeling good had the effect of making my symptoms easier to deal with.

Good one E.H.

2 Likes

@jeroenp 151515515

1 Like

600IU a day is not an effective dose of vitamin D.

Well, it’ll keep you from getting rickets. So in that sense.

But it is not enough to move someone from deficiency to sufficiency.

2 Likes

I take prescrption 2000UI along with 2x 800UI from from calcium and multivitamin supplements so 3600UI daily. I havent noticed a difference other than blood level went back up to normal levels.

2 Likes

It gives me energy when I take it.

1 Like

I take roughly 3000 IU/day in the form of two 10 000 IU pills each week. The upper safe limit for long-term administration is 4000 IU/day.

My depression did not improve much or at all after I started on vitamin D. Once I come off the escitalopram pill, the depression quickly returns to full power.

1 Like

i only supplement vit d. in winter and fall. i layout in the sun for an hour or two a day when it’s sunny during spring and summer. i heard vit d supplements aren’t vegan though, so i don’t want to take them, but i guess i should anyhow. if i could afford it, i would buy a tanning bed and put it in my bonus room and get vit d from it in the winter.

1 Like

I’m megadosing daily vitamin d3 100k with vitamin k2mk7.
I was able to quiet down my voices almost 100% and have steady pulse rate without anxiety.

2 Likes

I thought only the sun provides Vitamin D.

1 Like

not sure about that, i thought i read somewhere you can also get vit. d from tanning beds.

2 Likes

I took 1000 units As recommend and it did make me feel better

1 Like

I take 4000IU a day. It definitely improved my mood

1 Like

I take only 400 Iu per day for 4 years now I’m much better with it

1 Like

I’m going to raise my daily vitamin d3 dose to 200k with vitamin k2mk7 and plenty of fluids so there’s no calcium buildup in my blood.
I almost got my TB voices down to nothing with 150k
in a large group setting. It takes a lot to calm down the mind.

1 Like

Is your vitamin D in an oil base. How much k2 do you take with 100 IU? How long did it take to feel relief from that combo?

I supplemented with VitD for a year and didn’t notice any difference. 400IU/day

1 Like

welcome to the forum @shoshy =)

1 Like

I have 5000ui gel capsules which absorb the fastest and the k2mk7 bottle is 100mcg per capsule.
I just took 150k vitd3 about 5-10 minutes ago and I’m already starting to notice anxiety relief.

Bulksupplements vitd3 might be the cheapest option, but I prefer the capsules

For a person with Sz
Is there a necessity to take Vitamins ?
If the answer is Yes

The question
was the person suffering from the lack of vitamins before the occurrence of sz,which led to its occurrence , emergence of its common symptoms and the individual suffering from it ?

If the answer is Yes
It is supposed that ,compensation the vitamin’s lack will led to the permanent disappearance of the common symptoms of sz,and end all daily ritual suffering /difficulties with which the person has lived for a period of time

But if the result of treatment are inconsistent with the expectations
There is an urgent need for another hypothesis

After the occurrence of sz,and continuation of its activities ,its impact on the basic nature for Some time
A state of vitamin consumption occurs that following the impact (as a reaction to the impact )

then the person suffers from symptoms of vitamin deficiency (the vitamins who they are contribute to almost biological processes,mental and behavior …etc

On that,compensation for the lack of vitamins will not remove the common symptoms of sz themselves,but rather it will eliminate the symptoms of vitamin deficiency (that related to most of the biological processes ,which will return to a state of equilibrium again after treatment

It means that,the person will get rid of the vitamin deficiency symptoms (whatever they are) ,no matter how much improvement /relief that the person will feel after the treatment ,because there is no effect of the treatment on the functional cause who is causing the common symptoms of sz