The psychiatric facility is the best place to live

i would sign myself in forever if wasnt a Father

1 Like

What why? I hate it in there.

What are you talking about? Are you ok?

its way less crazy than outside, a place to be social with my fellow brothers and sisters there who could benefit from talking with me, a great place to meet women who wont ghost me after i let them know i has schizophrenia you can get your meds upgraded quicker there

1 Like

i became comfortable with it after being in there for a while and leaving then people cant throw me in there because i sign myself in and miss it being out

Ha. No chance. Im only ever near a hospital, if im literally dying or im dragged kicking or screaming.

Which is why i welcome my NHS 's policy of home community treatment. Your always gonna get better quicker in your own home and sleeping in your own bed.

7 Years ago i nearly died from malnutrition (i was street homeless) cos my heart was failing, and had a tube in my neck literally pumping vitimans into me.

And yet i still discharged myself 4 days later.

I would re-investigate your prioritys in life - if you wanna stay permanantly in a hospital facilty.

my favorite thing is the nurses testing my glucose because they touch my hand i like that its warm

1 Like

Sanatorium should be proper place.Would have check in…

If you get too fond of it they’ll give you a reason to change your mind. Plus as you said being in an facility doesn’t go well with having a family that still loves you.

I prefer being at home than in a psych ward. I would only go back if it was really needed. Being admitted costs a lot of money to the community and don’t want to waste resources.

I missed the food and recreational therapy after getting released.

IDK man, you listed the positives pretty good. It might be helpful to list the negatives too. I can think of a lot of them.

When I got in the long term hospital
I thought everybody would help everybody else, like we were all in it together. I couldn’t have been more wrong. There was the cliques of punks, most of the 60 or 70 people in there were homeless, or had been incarcerated. I don’t know how you figure it was less crazy inside. The hospital was in a semi nice area and it wasn’t that violent. But I saw so many people flipping out screaming or yelling. And it was boring as hell for 8 months. IDK. I would never want to go back there again, I don’t care that they cook and serve meals. I don’t care I didn’t have to clean anything or do my own laundry.

Just the day to day living sucked in there. Even if you make friends in there you are going to be locked up in close quarters with certain people who don’t like you. Never mind the ordeal of taking a shower in an ice cold room that flooded every time you took a shower. And I could go on.

I’ve seen other people post this and I think in a way, they romanticize the experience. They make it sound like a vacation where everything goes smoothly and you have no responsibilities. It’s lot harder than that.

1 Like

You gotta be joking!

Now, I know you’re joking.

I second that. I like my home, with my stuff, and my comforts. I can’t imagine not having a kitchen to mess around in.

1 Like

I can see where you are coming from. When I was in the mental hospital I enjoyed it and didn’t enjoy it at the same time. I was only 19 years old then…so it might be different now.

I wouldn’t want to be in a mental hospital ever again

2 Likes

Mental hospital is no different from jail! I like freedom my life doesn’t suck at home and those are the last places anyone should want to be!

3 Likes

Early on it was nice. Now i hate it/worse than hell…

Where I went you had to ask them to unlock the bathroom every time you wanted to use it