I was in a hospital a couple of years ago

They gave me something strong, some strong meds and I loosed my conscience for three days. They thought I was catatonic then but after three days I woke up scared and tie to a bed with my head leaning left so I wouldn’t vomit and die.

I could have been so eazy another statistic in the books, another man dead in psychiatric hospitals.

I Remeber we were 20 people in narcotics yard, some with dementia some with sz some with psychotic episodes. A lot of young people.

This guy looked after me a few days until he left, another guy stole my ciggaretes, another guy was talking nonsense, I was listining to radio and delusions.

I Remeber I was so medicated that I couldn’t eat, drink, or go to the toilet. I coudltn open a bottle of water, or open a bag of bread or hold my spoon in my hand. They kept giving my perfusion because I loosed a lot of weight and was underweight. It was a horrible time in my life, but life goes on so did I

1 Like

Sorry you had to go through that, sounds like it wasn’t the best of experiences. I am glad you have put that all behind you and moved on from it.

1 Like

They tried to put me into the psych ward for observation but it was full. Sounds scary though. I did go to the hospital, but they just handed me some meds and sent me home. That’s good that your life went on, real happy for you :grin:

1 Like

I we can have rather traumatic experiences in psychiatric hospital.

Sounds like you had a awful time.

I was really scared in psychiatric hospital too.
Specially the first time when I was restrained by five or so on my belly so I couldn’t breath properly and then injected and locked in a tiny room with nothing soft in it and hard cold bright bad light and it smelt of vomit , urine and sh it.

Last time I begged them not to put me in isolation room and thankfully they did not .
I was refusing medication but after they forced medication in me they took me to my room.A “normal” room.:slightly_smiling_face:

To be restrained to a bed like you were sounds so scary and traumatic .

Hope you are feeling better now.

The isolation room in the last hospital I was in was so much nicer than the one in the first hospital I was in.

The lighting and energy in the room was warm and it did not stink and it was a larger room and there was a mattress.

Hopefully they have improved in that first hospital and will improve in other hospitals.

One is scared enough as it is.

Such a thing as lighting is actually relevant and can matter a lot.:open_mouth:

I think medicating someone to that extent is abuse

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.